Coin mech "jackpots" nickels out of machine intermittently

rjh914

I've got an old USI Model 3030 with a satellite soda vendor attached deployed on location.  Twice this week I received a call from the account.  Intermittently, after someone purchased something the coin mech would dispense all nickels from the chute.  After doing so, a bunch of odd prices show on the display, such as 12.70, 6.90, 9.50...on and on.  It clears up when I reboot the control board and reload the nickels.

I had a similar problem late last year and had to send the control board in to Wittern for repair.  I spoke to tech support today...they recommend that I start by removing the fluorescent light (they said they cause a lot of problems on these old machines).  They also said it could be the coin mech or bill validator. 

Before I start throwing money at this thing, has anyone encountered something similar?  What was the fix?

Thank you,

Bob Hill

Hill Vending

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:05 PM, allen watson said:

I had a couple of those that did that. On one I replaced the bulb with an LED bulb and that fixed it. The other one actually had a bad ground at the wall.

Thanks for the response Allen.  Do you remember what LED light kit you went with and where you got it?

Archived