Best Vendors Management, anyone deal with them?

This company wants me to put snack machines at chain stores employee break rooms. They gave me a contract to sign and I said 'no way' to their terms. Then they agreed to my terms. Although, they said the only thing they can't back down on is the price of products- .90 for candy bar, includes tax, along with other way low prices of products. That gives me not enough profit to cover anything to run my business. I am thinking of proposing with charging them a service fee to supplement the profit, I have no idea how many employees are at each property nor how much is going to sell.  Charge $200 per visit to machine? Anyone have experience with this? I am the only vending machine company with snack machines in my little town. My little business is busting at the seams and I am not desperate to take on more properties.....but if I can profit, I will & don't want to lose $. any advice is welcome, thank you!

They probably have a contract with the stores that sets the pricing, giving them no flexibility.  You can ask for a service fee but I would bet they say no.  I had a similar offer to provide service (from a different management company) but part of their contract was that I had to remove and manage the recycling from the store's break room.  I turned it down because I didn't want trash going into my truck or otherwise having to deal with it; I heard later that the vendor who took the deal had to vacate shortly because the management company lost the master contract.  I'm not overly impressed with retail break room locations anyway, although I do continue to take them in some stores.

I work with them. Some locations have great prices while others have stupid low prices. It seems like the locations that they service have really high prices and the ones they sub out are the low priced ones. May not be true but it’s the feeling I get. 

I believe Best Vendors is connected to Compass Group.  Compass group is Canteen.  Best Vendors gets corporate vending bids with the huge retail chains and big corporations.  They only bid out the stores that Canteen doesn't want to deal with, usually because it is low volume or way out of the way.  Either way, it's primarily garbage accounts.  If you are the only player in town, I would be adamant about NO COMMISSION.  They have to get the account serviced so if you hold to your guns, they will probably cave on that.  I have gotten accounts in the past and pressed Bast Vendors to waive the commissions because no one else would touch it.  We only took the account because I had several accounts right next door.  But trust me, most everything that they pass on to other third party vendors that is not a Canteen is garbage.  Continue to play hardball with them.

Archived