Usi 3182 frozen

TKK

Bought one hooked up to a snack machine. The guys said it used to freeze and now stays at -37. He said they added freon and all but they dont know whats wrong. How can i test it dropping back to frozen?

Minus 37 is frozen.  If you mean +37 then your default setting is for refrigerated and you have to reset the default setting in the snack machine back to frozen.  If it is already set to frozen then you have a refrigeration problem.

Once again NY doesn't know what he's talking about.  The USI uses temp sensors only.  There are two sensors, one that measures the evaporator temp and one that measures the cabinet temp.  The lower temp is the evap if the compressor is running and the machine is not in a defrost cycle.  The default menu to set the 3187 to frozen is in the snack programming sub-menus.  Download the manual for your snack machine, and the programming supplement if you have a SM6 logic board, and then find the programming you need.  I used to be able to program one by heart but I haven't done one in several years now as there are few in service.

The manual is there but didnt see anything about frozen. The guy said he changed the thermostat unit and that it didnt fix it. If its at 37 is it gonna stay that way? I dont mind adding cokes to it lol

Archived