Any of you guys doing other ventures?

TKK

Rental properties, but always looking for creative business ideas.

Responded to a want ad looking for a vending machine mechanic a few weeks ago, that was a new twist for me.

Not really a business but I've gotten into the world of p2p/ alternative lending this year

45 minutes ago, nvb said:

Rental properties, but always looking for creative business ideas.

Responded to a want ad looking for a vending machine mechanic a few weeks ago, that was a new twist for me.

Not really a business but I've gotten into the world of p2p/ alternative lending this year

Yeah... although lending IS a business, P2P lending seems to be more of a passive investment approach with a high risk/reward.  I wouldn't mind being on the receiving end of a P2P loan but I wouldn't feel comfortable being a lender.  But that makes sense since I don't have a lot of money to risk at this time.

If you don't mind, could I ever contact you and ask you questions about real estate?  It's the ONE business that I can't shake from my mental list of "businesses I would like to operate."  Despite my inexperience, I have done a lot of research and I think I would feel comfortable with the numbers side of things.  I just don't feel comfortable with the idea of getting tenants and finding loans.  Everything else seems pretty straight forward to me.

14 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

Yeah... although lending IS a business, P2P lending seems to be more of a passive investment approach with a high risk/reward.  I wouldn't mind being on the receiving end of a P2P loan but I wouldn't feel comfortable being a lender.  But that makes sense since I don't have a lot of money to risk at this time.

If you don't mind, could I ever contact you and ask you questions about real estate?  It's the ONE business that I can't shake from my mental list of "businesses I would like to operate."  Despite my inexperience, I have done a lot of research and I think I would feel comfortable with the numbers side of things.  I just don't feel comfortable with the idea of getting tenants and finding loans.  Everything else seems pretty straight forward to me.

Contact me any time. I love chatting about this stuff with anyone who is interested.

Archived