tlashealthyvending

Average monthly sales expectations

I'm new to the industry.  I haven't placed any machines yet but was wondering what I should expect in terms of average monthly sales for each machine?  What is considered great, and what is the threshold for looking for a new location if I pick a bad one?

All insights welcomed.

Depends on your business model. If your giving new machines with readers and ice cream etc you need atleast 500 a month per machine gross. If your putting 300 dollar 1980s machines then maybe 150 gross would be ok i guess.

Have your pricing well to where you average 35% cogs max 40%.

It depends on a LOT of factors, but a good location for me would gross  $1000+ per month from snacks and drinks combined. Over $500 would be ok but worth keeping.. below that I might bail. Allow a year to make a judgement about a location.. some are slow starters, others are seasonal. 

Thats the simple answer.

Machine capacity, visit frequency, stales, equipment payback time, travel time, hourly wage, prices, commissions all play a factor.

Starting out, you may be OK with machines doing 50 to 70 a week, but it's hard to make money at that rate.  Better locations are generally already taken, and if you just sail in with big talk and no experience, most places will not switch.  My best luck in placement is to watch for new business building/opening and try to be the first in the door. 

they are new seagu machines which hold approx $250 in cogs at a time.  all food and nine slots for drinks.  

no experience, but if all the good spots are taken I'm in trouble.  

golpher up by getting seaga 

• Like 1

Send the Seagas back for a refund. They are junk.

• Like 1

You're starting out with some mediocre quality and low capacity equipment. If you actually do land good accounts with this stuff, prepare to visit more often (less capacity = frequent visits = less profit per hour worked) and take years to pay down the cost of the machines (new equipment costs $$$)

It's not the end of the world, and the good news is you've come to the right place moving forward. 

The forum here is a wealth of knowledge and the pros among us really know what they are talking about. Read up and take it all in.

what machines do you recommend for snacks and drinks.

I couldn't help but noticed your comments about machine quality