google.com, pub-6262331124919164, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Jump to content
krylon80

New To Vending, Advice On Machine Purchase

Hey All,

I'm new to the world of vending and I just wanted to make sure that a soda machine I was considering buying is decent and worth the asking price. It's a Dixie Narco 504P. I would only be using 12oz cans in the machine. The compressor is in good working condition. I think the coin mech and validator are also in good working condition, but they may not be based on the issues that the seller has been having with the machine (listed below). The asking price is $500, but I think there is room for negotiation if I'm armed with more info. 

Some selections give false "sold out" readings when they're not
Some slots jam every few sales
Occasionally gives wrong change or no change

I'm not sure what is causing these issues, but I plan to look into fixing them if I buy the machine. Even tough I'm new to the world of vending, I'm pretty handy. I've attached photos of the machine as well.

Thanks for any input you can provide!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

05.jpg

04.jpg

06.jpg

Nope.

The P series were notorious for various issues and gremlins, including the ones you are describing.

Run away, you will spend way too much time fixing this.

If you just want cans get an old single price machine.

Or if you want a newer machine find a 501E. The E series Dixie Narcos predated the P series, but are rock solid reliable workhorses.

I got a couple DN720Ps that you can have for free. They are junk.

The 720P is the 4 deep version of the 504P, which are also junk.

Yep the P series are junk. Pepsi delivered one for us again yesterday and we made them load it back on the truck and take it back

was using royals, never liked dixie, Seaga was horrible, Gaines are workhorses, and then I found vendos! love them! easy to set up, easy to run, parts available and cheap, I get them for about $250 to $350 tops used, with plenty of life in them, with very minor repair.

Always amazed how much time and effort you put in to help total strangers. Trophy emoji to you FriendlyChris!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AngryChris said:

The BEST way to get started, in my opinion, is by sticking with either Royal 650/Merlin IV or Dixie Narco 501e's.  Keep in mind that a 501e is very different from a 501T or 501MPC or anything else that it might say.  You want a 501E with an SIID board in it.  With the Dixie 501E or Royal 650/Merlin IV, you'll have all of the capacity and versatility you would need for almost any account that you'd be able to land as a new vendor.  They are usually readily available used or refurbished, and you can actually buy the Royals new to this day as they still manufacture them (not the case with the 501E).  I recommend new vendors stick with Dixie 501E's because they are easier to learn and you can transition to telemetry usually with no issues whereas older Royals might not report cash sales (this only affects you if you want to pre-kit, which requires a $300 card reader and $8/month wireless fee)....

wow, lots of great info there, thanks!