High Gain Antenna for USA Tech Eport Card Reader - Will It Work?

fhamann

I just moved a snack machine with a USA Tech Eport card reader from an old location to a new location.  The card reader worked fine in the old location but not in the new location.  The new location is a store break room in the bottom floor of the shopping mall in Brea, CA.  I spoke with USA Tech and they recommend I buy their "high gain" antenna.  Has anyone here and a similar problem?  Do you think the high gain antenna will solve my problem?

The USAT high gain antenna might help. Press the signal strength button on your modem. You're looking for a number greater than 10. Also, it must be mounted to the metal cabinet in order to work at all.  It's $30 in the online store: https://store.usatech.com/collections/eport-parts-and-products

highgainantenna-for-G8-G9-EDGE-Interacti

We have tried the High gains but saw no real difference.....the best way is to move the antenna around and let the signal stabilize for a minute ...even moving a few inches... closer or farther to other metal can help....and no....a "10" is not required....I have machines with a steady "2" or "3"  that work just fine day in and day out.

Do you have a 4000 or 2000 series telemeter..... if 2000 it is ATT/tmobile......you can ask them to switch it to Tmobile to see if that signal is better or switch to the 4000 verizon.....I have 2 phones...one is verizon and the other is ATT...whichever gets the strongest signal where we want to set a machine determines which model I install

The antenna is mounted outside the machine on top of the machine.  I have moved it around, I have changed antennas, I even changed the entire ePort unit, still no reception.  USA Tech recommends trying their high gain antenna ($30) or changing the ePort to an ATT version (it currently is a Verizon version).

So what is the highest signal strength you are getting?   Again...the simplest way to figure out what to do is bring a verizon and ATT phone to the machine and see what signal they have......if neither have reception then you need to move the machine

I have had good luck with the high gain antennas, usually at least doubles the signal strength.  If you are installing in a bevmax also order the extension assembly for another $9.

image.png.6183caf876e83b1c26e98278909bd426.png

Since I have started installing the G10's have not needed a high gain for them, they are 4G with a dual antenna system that pulls a signal strength of about 30 in most locations I have installed so far...

On the g10s they have dual antenas however i got a military base and 2 dont report and i reset and mess w them and they work for a while. I press the antenna button, but cant find the signal strength. Is it displayed on the front of the unit or the area where you press the service button

• 2 weeks later...

I received the high gain antenna and installed it a few days ago.  It still will not establish the connection.  I disconnected the card reader and installed a Pay Range unit and Pay Range is working fine.  Problem resolved.

Archived