Need Help Bypassing Credit Relay/coin mechanism

eblanc

Hi, community, thanks for inviting me to the Forum. 

I am an electronics technician, and a couple friends of mine asked me for some help with vending machine. The story is this is a Frat house, they bought an old Coca Cola vending machine that they keep in the frat house, that's been sitting there for a while, and they want it to work without having to pay and fill it up with beer cans.

I went to diagnose the unit, seems to be working fine, except that the mechanism to count & hold coins is missing, coin just drop from top to bottom. 

As per the schematic looks like the thing I am missing is called a credit relay. 

I have attached some pictures. 

I am wondering if anybody knows how the credit relay works? can i just add a jumper somewhere so that the machine is always reading "infinite credits?"

Everything else seems to be working fine, swtiches and relays, buttons and LED's. 

I'm attaching some pictures  

There's 2 open 9 pin connector, I'm assuming thats where the coin mechanism goes. I feel I could put a jumper there, if I understand how the coin credit relay works

Any help much appreciated, I'm going to attach more pictures.

Credit relay.JPG

Schematic.JPG

Invest in, and install the relay.They are relatively inexpensive. You can then purchase (or build) a momentary switch that plugs into the coin mech socket that will cause the relay to energize. Don't jump the relay, it de-energizes after a selection is made. Bypassing it may cause multiple vends with one push of the button.

I did see a few videos, and post about Free Vend making a jumper on the Jones connector/Relay. 

Jumper from pin 1 to 7, and then a switch going from pin 7 to switch, to pin 3 to enable a "Credit""

do you have any experience with this? would love to hear your feedback, thanks!

22 hours ago, BTVFC said:

Invest in, and install the relay.They are relatively inexpensive. You can then purchase (or build) a momentary switch that plugs into the coin mech socket that will cause the relay to energize. Don't jump the relay, it de-energizes after a selection is made. Bypassing it may cause multiple vends with one push of the button.

Here's a thread about making up a cheater cord in place of the coin mechanism.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2018 at 5:32 PM, DarkerTech said:

Micromech uses 80ms pulses so a simple jumper might not work.  Did you get it figured out?

This machine ain’t micromech. It’s single price, and the pulse length doesn’t really matter.

Archived