AngryChris

16.9 oz or 20 oz

Does anyone vend a lot of 16.9 oz?  Specifically, do you vend them out of Royal 650s, Royal 2000s, Dixie E and T models?  I just want to know how reliably they vend.  I am under the impression that they vend about as good as 20 oz but I just want to make sure I have my facts straight.  My concern over this is due to the fact that I have some Royals that struggle with 16.9 oz Cumberland Gap (hard plastic) water.  I think that is mostly due to the shape of the bottles more so than being 16.9 oz, but I want to make sure.  I have been considering switching to 16.9 oz bottles for quite some time.  I feel like the margins I can get are far better, and I plan on putting all of my bottle vendors on telemetry soon.  Currently, all bottle machines except 4 are on telemetry, and 2 of those 4 are a little slow and incredibly predictable anyway so not important.  I also don't want to invest in shims for my Dixie E models if they aren't going to do well.

For your Cumberland Gap's try calling Royal and asking for the 16.9 oz  Dr. Pepper setup.

• Like 1

I use 16.9 in Dixie narco 501 E,T and the all wide 522E only jam I have is my 20oz Zephyrhills water Delivery port on 501T they get stuck if they turn sideways 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Joe101us said:

I use 16.9 in Dixie narco 501 E,T and the all wide 522E only jam I have is my 20oz Zephyrhills water Delivery port on 501T they get stuck if they turn sideways 

Thanks.  That's what I am looking for.

55 minutes ago, orsd said:

For your Cumberland Gap's try calling Royal and asking for the 16.9 oz  Dr. Pepper setup.

I'll check into it.  They sometimes tilt downward toward the cap and get jammed up, especially when they are almost empty.  I don't mind selling out when there's 1 or 2 left, but I can't stand unjamming them.  Such a waste of time.  It's probably cheaper just to use 20 oz Deja Blue in the royal 650's and not worry about jams.

• Like 1

Royal has formed metal shims to put into each column of 16 or 16.9 oz bottles.  That prevents product slipping past the rotors.

• Like 1

Another thing to consider when switching to 16.9's is the expiration dates.  If you are going into grocery stores to bulk purchase the 16.9's, the expiration dates could be all over the place.  I just bought 4 six packs for home use and when I was putting them in the fridge, I noticed the expiration dates were just 4 days from when I purchased them.  NBD since they were for home use, but a PIA when there are going into machines.  

5 hours ago, Golfdogs said:

Another thing to consider when switching to 16.9's is the expiration dates.  If you are going into grocery stores to bulk purchase the 16.9's, the expiration dates could be all over the place.  I just bought 4 six packs for home use and when I was putting them in the fridge, I noticed the expiration dates were just 4 days from when I purchased them.  NBD since they were for home use, but a PIA when there are going into machines.  

That's a good point and I have definitely considered it.  In fact, it's the main reason why I absolutely won't switch the bulk of my can-locations to bottles.  Many of the 16.9 oz at Sam's Club are 4-6 weeks at best.  I have seen them selling them with about 1 week left on them before.  The local grocery stores seem to be good regarding dates but I'll have to make extra trips just to buy those bottles.  If a distributor would just sell them to me for 50 cents/each (or even 60) and the dates were good, I'd be all-in.

I pre-order all of mine from Walmart I order on either Tuesday or Wednesday and they’re there on Saturday and usually there at least 8 to 10 weeks out except for diet

As of lately I have been getting some for March and April

You can preorder big quantities from walmart? Last time i went i bought all of theirs and they didnt let me pay at the checkout that i cant leave the store empty they told me 20 of each flavor... ive been wanting to use them as they cary coke zero. 

Definately 16.9

Cost coke product .50c sell for 1.25

Cost dasani .15c

Az tea, peach tea, mango teas .39

Sell $10,000 spend $3800 net $6200

20oz sell for 1.50

Coke product .98c

Dasani .55c

Fuze teas, etc .85c

Sell $10,000 spend $6,600 net $3,400

I ordered the power to a pallet and a half Every week if not more I will let that lady know that I want to order it. I could do one flavor multiple flavors they’re even flavors that Walmart don’t carry that I can order through them like. Minute Maid fruit punch

How do u guys do it? Online here they are 2.50 a 6 paack but online order only allows 16 packs?

• Like 1

I talked to my store manager and they allow it to be ordered when they order from Pepsi and Coke The first time I just wiped their shelves totally clean and the manager asked me not to do it I said will place an order for me

Took nine trips to wipe their shelves clean