PrimetimeMT

problem with Lektro vend VS99

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help with a problem with my old Lektro vend VS99 machine.  This is a low traffic unit I have at my work, maybe does $20/mo in sales.  Recently, some days it comes up with random money amounts showing up on the screen, they will cycle through seemingly random amounts.  If you hit the change button, it will spit out change.  If I unplug it and plug it back in, it resets, I can also reset it by opening the door and pulling out the door switch button to reset it - basically a reboot.  It will then function normally.  I'm afraid I may need a new controller board, but wanted to check with someone who might know more about them before sticking any money into the machine.  A new board will eat up almost a years worth of sales, so I don't really want to trash the machine for an easy part.  If it is a board, is there any kind of online "junkyard" where a person could maybe buy used parts for one of these on the cheap?  It works good other than this problem.

Probably a flickering or burned out florescent bulb in the machine or near it causing interference.  If not then maybe a new board from S Thomas and Assoc is in order but I wouldn't put a dime into it.

Thanks much.  The fluorescent in the machine is very dim and has bee since I bought it.  That’s a good idea, I’ve been meaning to replace it anyway so maybe worth a shot if I can find one.  The previous owner said he replaced it once and it only lasted for a short while before it went fine agai. So that’s why I never bothered with it.

5 hours ago, PrimetimeMT said:

Thanks much.  The fluorescent in the machine is very dim and has bee since I bought it.  That’s a good idea, I’ve been meaning to replace it anyway so maybe worth a shot if I can find one.  The previous owner said he replaced it once and it only lasted for a short while before it went fine agai. So that’s why I never bothered with it.

Probably means the ballast is bad.  The solutions to all problems with that machine is to replace the machine.

I know a guy who has parts for those and still operates a few if you end up needing a board. 

I know it's been a while but I wanted to circle back on this and let you know I did wind up putting a new ballast and condenser/starter into the machine and it has worked flawlessly since!  Cost was $20 for both pieces so well worth the fairly easy fix.  The light doesn't go out anymore and the front panel doesn't want to give the money away.  I know this machine isn't worth much, but it's just at my work, so very very low volume and worth keeping around for convenience sake.  I very much appreciate those who chimed in to help out.