Technical: Where are all the protocol specifications?

DarkerTech

This is really off topic here in regards to vending but i had minor social issues growing up, but nothing like what you say.  Not that that little bit of info matters, but i want to make it a point that what is "normal" and "fun" us subjective to the "audience."  If "the spectrum" existed when i was younger, they would likely have put me in as a very high-functioning person.  Not today, because i don't lack any ability socially, but i used to.  Social anxiety is a totally different thing.  Thing is, in business, the outgoing salesperson draws a much better realm of influence on those they converse with than the ones who can't strike a conversation.  In other words, you HAVE to at least make a serious effort to get over your anxiety.  It is entirely psychological.

14 hours ago, Mehehe said:

I might be overstepping but... do you still live at with your parents?  Just curious how the Bill's get paid

I live in my own house, w/ my own job to fund what I'm doing til its finished.  I'm fine working any job that pays (wink) as long as it helps fund my unpaid work until I finish things and start bringing in profits. 

Neat/funny story:  Used to work at an inventorying company, 14-18 hour days (6 hours of driving, people sleeping in the back of the van get paid minimum wage), chugging energy drinks and energy shots still falling asleep at the wheel daily.  Was such a fucked up company but was putting a thousand dollars away per (biweekly) paycheck.  That job actually didn't have an issue with me not talking (I was actually promoted to supervisor), as they have a no talking rule (for your 18 hour shift), and zero employment standards (half the people i met my first week were in jail a day or two after i met them, also it has such high turnover that you'd watch generations of workers come and go each month), so you get people smoking pot and doing coke in the company van (on the job), and getting in fights with random pedestrians while you gas up (supervisors told me "dont worry, we switched the numbers on the back of the van"), or getting in arguments with store personnel where you're inventorying, people angrily arguing that they don't get picked up and dropped off at their house that's half an hour out of the way, people not showing up half the time, late most of the time, steal all the time (while checking into a hotel for an overnight stay, I saw someone stealing food from the fridge at the hotel), don't even do the job just type a guess for entire isles rather than counting each individual item. Their pay is performance based so they wanna 'count' as fast as possible (then brag about it xD), then their supervisors take the count numbers from last year and just adjust their numbers to be similar (then store managers take it and compare both years, "everything looks good to me!"), because the supervisors' pay is also performance based and they get hundred and thousand dollar bonuses for doing random things like running 3 or 5 stores in a row quickly and accurately.  Quit that job because the company is unsalvagable, there's a whole different story of upper-class corruption in the higher up office positions, you'd have to fire just about everyone (we went through like 2 or 3 district managers in half a year, one fired because he was fighting corruption).  My first week or two, there was this glorious moment where the team arrived 6 hours late to a store (the company is almost always late) and the store manager was extremely mad she had to wait that long after the time she thought she'd be leaving.  The person running that store (the top supervisor of the diistrict) finally gets there, store manager is just itching to rip her a new one, we walk in, within 10 seconds she tells the store manager to golpher off and all of us to turn around, not counting the store no mo xD  "have fun with the feds!" xD was hilarious, wrong but everyone was laughing (still getting paid a 2 hour minimum for cancelled stores).  Moved to a job assembling custom-built industrial CNC machines, which is a pay raise, but wayyyyyyyy less hours (only 40, but that gives me time to work on my stuff) and less bonus payments and stuff (such as a bonus for counting a pharmacy, bonus for counting a large store like sears or target,  so I'm making about half as much actually.  Could go back, but I don't feel like falling asleep and finally swerving into oncoming traffic (unless its a last resort for income), and I don't trust anyone else there to drive (even if they're fully rested, which is unlikely).  Hows that inventorying company make money and stay in business?  It's a federal requirement that retailers report their inventory to the government annually, and it seems like they have to hire a company to do it as a lot of them could easily do it themselves (some do do it themselves before or after you count, which is when everyone finally puts some effort in to count accurately).  So their future is pretty set, it's a global company.

14 hours ago, AngryChris said:

This is really off topic here in regards to vending

Yeah the whole forum/post is off topic, my original post was asking if anyone has got technical manuals because I'm having troubles finding some.  Then AZVendor comes around all "fuckin' millennials", and the first big reply is replying to a reply of his on a different post, just undoing the "millennials trying to wish things into existence" perception he had.  Then the topic just shifted completely and goes way off from there due to all the new details shared.  All I wanted was some manuals lol, I don't think I'm going to get any from here xD

I've tried for years to fix it, prettymuch as long as I can remember I've been working at it, the way I see it is I can spend years making it my main focus and trying to "get over it" with maybe a small amount of success and minimal payoff, or I can spend that time doing more productive things, and work on it whenever it's convenient.  A salesman can be hired as a way around it, plus I personally would like a pro that talks in ways that are scientifically optimal for presentation, rather than however they naturally are inclined to talk, also their appearance matters too as they'd be the face of the company and appearance does have social impact.  But, more recently I've started experimenting with 'The Pot' and it's actually shown signs that it could be extremely useful.  More experimenting needed though, and dosage control, but they make spectrometers that are for pot specifically and let you do that easily.  Next time I try it I'll confirm that it does in fact help (a lot, in 2 different ways), and if confirmed, focus a bit more on it and find the exact cannibandoid/terpenes and dosages necessary, then use it as a tool, with high hopes placed in neuroplasticity, to eventually un-wire the disorder (at least somewhat, or at least provide a way around it).  I've tried alcohol (i don't like smoking or drinking) and it has zero effect on my ability to talk (probably a good thing), so its pretty cool that this has shown signs (still needs to be confirmed) that it's extremely helpful.  So there's good news actually.  I'm sure I'd have to get to work on executive presence skills regardless of whether I hire a salesman.  Don't want to spend time on that if I don't know I'll ever be able to use that skill though.

Probably should end the post/forum though its straying a lot.

2 hours ago, lacanteen said:

I sent you a PM on December 14 with my email address and said I'd send some DEX protocols that I have. 

Y'all can now return to your wee-wee contest. Sorry to interrupt. 

I replied the same day if you didn't see it.  Basically showing what I've found already in case yours is different/newer.

A salty peanut can not contend with a limbo pole.

• 2 years later...