tblake05

Identify this machine?

Can anyone tell me the model of this machine?  The tag with the serial number is faded off.  Its a Vendo.  That is all I know.

IMG_3853.JPG

IMG_3854.JPG

Vendo 407. If it has black motor cams then it's worth keeping. If green and white cams then junk it.  Also, turn your cans around. Always tops to the back.

doesn't vendo have a slanted coin drop? royal and dixie have the flat drop?

•  

29 minutes ago, NYCandyMan said:

•  

It's an old Vendo, and if you don't believe that, you can read the letters that say "Vendo" right under the coin insert.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NYCandyMan said:

•  

This is only with the newer multiprice machines that have the plastic decal overlay around the display and coin insert area. (DN is a horizontal red slot, Royal is vertical and clear slot, and Vendo is slanted)

With any machine that still has the old school chrome coin insert area, multiprice or not, display or not, the above does not apply. The vast majority of these machines have horizontal coin insert slots, no matter if it is Royal, DN, or Vendo.

This one has the swinging coin return lever and the kidney shaped dent under the lever, so its an older Vendo. Plus, it says Vendo on it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Vendo 407. If it has black motor cams then it's worth keeping. If green and white cams then junk it.  Also, turn your cans around. Always tops to the back.

Black motor cams. I had a failed micro switch last summer I had to replace so I know they're black.

so consensus is a vendo 407?

also my cans stack double deep so the back row tops face in and the front row face out. Butt to butt.

Btw, what's the difference between machines with black motor cams vs white motor cams?

Edited by tblake05

That is incorrect loading of your cans.  All stack machines should have the tops all to the back so that when the cans slide down the chute the fragile tops of the cans don't get punctured by anything.  The white and green cams are on lowering shelf machines which have no parts available and which vend mechanisms can't be adjusted further to drop two cans if they ever stop dropping two cans.  They get so worn out that they can't be adjusted.

• Like 1

I put the tops in on dixies and vendos, but with the double depth machines I have found the rolled seam on the top of the cans will get snagged on the thin column dividers and often jam as the column moves down, so those get faced away from the center...

Yes, on double column machines such as Royals you have to have front caps to the front and rear caps to the rear to avoid jams from the center divider.