Does vendsoft do good for inventory

TKK

I used Vendsys the first two years and it was great. Just recently switched to parlevel and trying to learn it. Inventory in Vendsys was easy if you had a Motorola handheld with a barcode scanner (after you set all the barcodes and packaging up in Vendsys). 

39 minutes ago, TKK said:

I was thinking of parlevel but i just feel its too expensive. Especially in busy places.

If your machines are doing as much as you say they do, then $8/month (or whatever it is) isn't really too much IMO.  However, I have no experience with parlevel (or any other VMS other than vendsoft) so I can't say whether it's worth the additional cost.

Like I said it was good.

The issues I had with it was having to carry around the handheld to service the machines (they have an Android app, but it only works on certain devices, no IOS app). 

You have to use a computer for everything other than servicing machines. 

You can add, delete, change products yourself, including packaging, suppliers, calorie counts, barcodes. 

You can set up commissions multiple ways, you just can’t deduct COGS automatically. 

If you need to add another user, they have to add them for you. 

I’m trying to think what else would help. If you want to pm me I can give you my number and answer questions that way. 

TKK how many times can you ask the same question saying every option is too expensive? You sure you're not chest puffing to make yourself feel good? Very confused why such a large operation can't justify any costs.

Im not saying paying for it is good but employees on salary if i drop their hours to save say 2hrs a day by prekitting it doesnt help much for us... i mostly want an online software

Not when they are on salary. Sometimes they work 6 hrs sometimes 9 it depends, if it was hourly i could definately see where it would save money. But i rather pay my guys a few hours more of work than to a software company. However i am going to try it on our ice cream route and see how that goes. What im thinking is as im growing the employees have just gotten raises as they work more, but they are topped out already. So maybe i can start with the ice cream route, if i like it then do it in all the route which will diminish their work days but get more accounts to make up for it. In other words the 4 guys work say 35 to 45 hours a week. Mayne with parlevel they may do 30 to 35 or so, which means they can handle more accounts. I wonder if they can send me a rep to implement their product in our routes. 

Has anyone used their micromarkets? I believe its like 3500 w cash, and 5% fees and 160 min a month. They have a mini one, im wondering where those could fit in

20 hours ago, TKK said:

Im not saying paying for it is good but employees on salary if i drop their hours to save say 2hrs a day by prekitting it doesnt help much for us... i mostly want an online software

Get cantaloupe/seed pro and start prekitting. Every day you do things the old way you're falling behind. What's your exit strategy? You think any large company will buy you without the machines communicating?

8 hours ago, TKK said:

All my machines have readers. They all communicate..

But you don't prekit? You are insane. Spend the money and start optimizing your system. Cut the bottom 10%, build prekits and service less frequently then cut an entire route.

Sounds like a plan, i wanna keep the 4 employees and this may save me from hiring a 5th...i like the temp alerts and coin jam alerts that def saves money. Prekit im still unsure, i may want an option of the rolling warehouse and just pull out a report at each spot to have more acurate prekit needs. If they take snacks at 8am and hit a busy spot at 3pm it may be 3 to 4 times the ammount

There's built in features to make sure busy machines get filled. Seed uses forecasting to provide extra product in the kits. The goal is the drivers don't have to shop. Hire a lower wage picker to do that job and maximize stops hit with the drivers.

The hardest part about pre-kitting (the part I haven't quite figured out yet) is how to load the product to go into the machine quickly.  I was thinking about using an extra tote -- one primarily for candy and pastries and the other just for chips and salty snacks.  Any additional snacks go into the candy tote.  I don't have a planogram so I don't know what goes in empty selections but the most obvious solution is to use a planogram AND stock more of what sells faster, but it's just taking time to figure that out since I started using the software.  For now, I have to either look at my phone to see what goes where or I have to change every selection on my phone.  Either way, it slows me down.

20 hours ago, AngryChris said:

The hardest part about pre-kitting (the part I haven't quite figured out yet) is how to load the product to go into the machine quickly.  I was thinking about using an extra tote -- one primarily for candy and pastries and the other just for chips and salty snacks.  Any additional snacks go into the candy tote.  I don't have a planogram so I don't know what goes in empty selections but the most obvious solution is to use a planogram AND stock more of what sells faster, but it's just taking time to figure that out since I started using the software.  For now, I have to either look at my phone to see what goes where or I have to change every selection on my phone.  Either way, it slows me down.

Couldn't you just put a picture or a chart on the inside of the door of the machine?

15 hours ago, darkinthepark said:

Couldn't you just put a picture or a chart on the inside of the door of the machine?

Maybe, but i would still have to look at the chart instead of my phone, and edit it whenever i make changes.

Archived