Interchangeable Parts

AFMunns

Please excuse my uninformed question! But are coin mechs and bill validators interchangeable? I have an office Deli 38 that came with a coin Pro 3 I replaced it with a supposedly new refurbished unit and my coins are still being automatically rejected, and my dollar bills are not being accepted. I cleaned both and still having the same problem no error codes displayed. Thank you for any insight and wisdom!

1 hour ago, NYCandyMan said:

Sounds like the bill acceptor is not the problem, change the coin acceptor and see if it helps

He did change the coin acceptor.

1 hour ago, AFMunns said:

Please excuse my uninformed question! But are coin mechs and bill validators interchangeable? I have an office Deli 38 that came with a coin Pro 3 I replaced it with a supposedly new refurbished unit and my coins are still being automatically rejected, and my dollar bills are not being accepted. I cleaned both and still having the same problem no error codes displayed. Thank you for any insight and wisdom!

The short answer is... it depends.  If your previous coin mech is MDB, then any MDB mech should work, and the same is usually true with MDB validators.  You'll know if it is MDB by the 6-pin plug.

I have to ask though.. when you replaced it, did you turn the machine off first?  You have to do that to prevent it from sparking and possibly damaging something.

You also need enough nickels and dimes before it will accept any quarters or bills due to an "exact change only" situation.  The best practice is to just fill those tubes up.

Also, the problem could be the board on the machine.  Hopefully not, but those machines are about worthless.

Did the machine take bills before you replaced the coin mech?  Did it have enough change in it?

It had a Coinco 9302-GX so I ordered a new one exactly the same to see if that was it. That’s where my initial question lies, I wonder if the person before me ordered the wrong one.  I did turn the power off, I am not sure about previous owner. I got it for 300, everything seems to run right, all motors except two turned, found out today why, there was a cut cable, going to splice at back together. The compressor works and cools the drinks. It did have the Exact Change light when I first turned it on, but got that resolved by filling the coin tubes today. It has never taken bills since I have had it, before or after filling the coin tubes.

You can begin by just throwing that piece of crap in the garbage.  You will continue to have nothing but trouble with it as long as it exists.  Beyond that, the 9302GX is what Seaga put in it and is probably the single best part in the machine.  If a replacement still won't work and you don't have a physical issue like the coin return lever having constant contact with the coin mech then you have a bad circuit board.  The bill acceptor is daisy-chained through the coin mech so you don't even know yet if it is good or not.  The circuit board is not available as an exchange so you would need to buy one from Seaga which will cost you well over $500, if they even sell them any longer.  As I said before, Seaga machines are nothing but expensive trouble.

All I can say is something I learned in the military, "P.F.M.", of course my version is Pure Freakin' Magic. I went up the church, I replaced the coin acceptor as one mentioned with the one that originally came with it when I got it. It lives, went to Sam's last night after it worked, we got it stocked and people are already using it today. The only thing I don't like is the bill validator only accepts fives. But I purchased a dollar bill changer from FB marketplace, and will have it available for anyone that needs it, which I am sure will be a bunch. Thank for all the updates, I know I have below subpar machine, but as the money comes in we will replace it with a better one. I just wanted to have one there for the military students that will be with us next Sunday. 

10 hours ago, AFMunns said:

All I can say is something I learned in the military, "P.F.M.", of course my version is Pure Freakin' Magic. I went up the church, I replaced the coin acceptor as one mentioned with the one that originally came with it when I got it. It lives, went to Sam's last night after it worked, we got it stocked and people are already using it today. The only thing I don't like is the bill validator only accepts fives. But I purchased a dollar bill changer from FB marketplace, and will have it available for anyone that needs it, which I am sure will be a bunch. Thank for all the updates, I know I have below subpar machine, but as the money comes in we will replace it with a better one. I just wanted to have one there for the military students that will be with us next Sunday. 

Strange that the validator only accepts 5's.  Are you sure all the dip switches are set correctly?

Archived