MrVendAlot

Sold Out Error Message - Royal RVCDE - 552-8

Hi All,

I have a royal RVCDE - 552-8 that I went to service.  When I arrived the "Sold Out" and "Use Exact Change" were flashing on the machine.   I started troubleshooting what was wrong(obviously has soda in all slots).   Reset the machine.  Set the spacer on all columns and cleared potential jams(no soda jammed).   Filled the coin mech.  Reset machine.  The fuse looks fine but can change that if needed.   When I  close the machine it resets and shows the standard .75 cent message.  Enter 75 cents.  Press any selection, then it says "hold" for 5-6 seconds then it goes to "sold out" message.   This is the same on all selections.   Im guessing I have an issue with the drop sensor, control board, or bill validator/coin mech.   I am going to bring a new coin mech by today and try it with just a coin mech.   What would you all do next?   I assume potentially swap out the board/drop sensor?

MrVendAlot

If no soda comes out, then i would assume it's a bad or disconnected motor harness or a defective board if not a bad fuse.

• Thanks 1

Probably a blown fuse caused by a jammed column.  When a column jams, the high current draw can blow the fuse.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Chris and AZ.  I actually went back with my new fuse and the machine was working as normal(so strange because the day before I left with all the issues)  Sort of confused me but not going to mess with it, just keep a close eye on it.

If it wasn't working and now it is, then I don't think it's possible to be a fuse issue.  I would put my money on a loose motor harness if anything.

• Thanks 1

Thanks.  Still super confused.  Lol.  This is a big account so I'll be back every 5-7 days.  I'll look through for potential jams/motor loose/etc.  So weird it was temporarily acting up......just crossing my fingers it doesn't keep it up.  I'm going to swap the machine out if it has errors in the next couple weeks.  I would rather have it at a low performing account than acting up at an important account.

Edited by MrVendAlot

The Royal 552 is a good machine but if the account is good, consider an upgrade.