Bev Max Error Message "Make Another Selection"

MrVendAlot

Hey All,

Sorry I dont have my model but I am working with a Bev Max bottle drop machine.  I have like 7 selections that give a make another selection error.  Then I believe the letter "A".   I am ordering some parts online(gates, shims, etc).  Just want you all's input or troubleshooting tips/process as I take this on.

Mrvendalot

I am not too familiar with the functionality of bottle drops.  I have filled them many times in the past but never worked on them.  The robotic bevmax relies on a plunger to push a piece (I believe the technical term is solenoid) to cause the gate to release one product.  On a bottle drop, I believe the gate is the same but it uses a motor to actually vend the product instead of a plunger coming from a cup on a robotic bevmax.  So, if it says sold-out, then your problem is either electrical (wires disconnected, cut, short, loose, etc..), a board issue (I would assume not) or bad motor(s).  I just don't know enough about them to know if one bad motor can cause multiple items to stop functioning or if a disconnected wire can do that or what.  I get the feeling that there are multiple things going on because if A doesn't work, then you likely have a keypad problem.  If other selections don't work unrelated to A, then maybe that's an electrical issue.  Sorry, I am only trying to come up with ideas until someone else can point you in a better direction.  But think of a bottle drop much like a refrigerated snack machine as far as I understand it.

Ok.  I only have 4 of these and am not extremely familiar with troubleshooting these so thanks for any commentary.  I think I can clear the errors through the menu with the manual.  Obviously I am looking through each of the gates to be sure it's not damaged.  I am also getting my bottle/can spacers and pricing correct. But what from there?  I dont know if it's important or not but the errors are bundled together(a1,a2,a3 out, b1,b2 out, c1,c2,c3 out).  Every row does have at least 5-6 working selections.  I'm just putting a single soda in the broken spaces and loading the working rows fully. Once errors are cleared, then I correct shims/spacers is placed, and the gate is verified or lubricated, then what?  Any order I should take in troubleshooting from there(change gate, change board, lubricate pusher, lubricate gate, etc)

The machine has no idea and doesn't care if there is product in any selection and you can test it empty.  There are no switches or sensors on the selections, just a harness that plugs into each vend solenoid.  If you have 4 of these then you must be familiar with the programming.  Since I don't wish to read the manual to you please do that yourself.  There is troubleshooting in it.  You are having logic board errors or issues.  You didn't say what model this machine is so make sure you have tall gates on all selections and product pushers on the tray for each selection.  If it's missing the putty where the shelf harnesses go through the cabinet wall then that could be an  indication that someone else had trouble and either changed the harnesses or changed shelves, etc.  This could indicate that there were problems before you got it.

The only lubrication to perform is to VERY LIGHTLY spray Food Grade Silicone onto each product slide.  The gates must be clean but do not lubricate them or the solenoids.

As with all Bevmaxes, make sure you are using the drop sensor so that customers don't lose money if something doesn't vend.  This gives the customer a number of retries (set by you) in an attempt to get a product.  This prevents people shaking the machine when they don't get their drink.

I have a bunch of the DN bottle drops - this happens periodically on my machines, for whatever reason a selection or five gets pouty and won't trigger the solenoid and gives the "make another selection" message.

Sometimes you have to Disable/Enable the selection to get it to work, sometimes it loses pricing memory for that selection and defaults to $99.98 and you have to re set pricing.

But most of the time, if pricing is correct and the selection is Enabled all you have do is the Self Test (Test Mode, C) - for some reason that wakes up the dead selections on my machines every time.

Note:  the Master Reset is a last resort and don't ever hit Auto Sequence on a full machine......ask me how I know that one....

Archived