Pepsi Machine Dispenses Multiple Products

hntran

Hi guys, why does my Pepsi vending machine dispense 2 products at once? I tried to fix it but it didn't work. Please help. Thank you so much.

Ps: Its model is DN 50+E MC/S21 -9 

You can't suppose they are 2 deep, you have to know.  It's two cans, three cans, or possibly (but rarely) one can deep.  It's the easiest thing to figure out because you just open the machine and see how many cans fit from front to back.  You may need to open the machine to check for sure as the 501 machines are capable of vending cans 3 deep and the machines work off of switches and cams so supposing 2 deep when it's not will mean that you will get the wrong information.

When you say it's selling two cans, is that with every vend?  In other words, if you press coke 5 times in a row, will you get 10 cans total?  Or will you get something like 2 cans then 1 can then 2 cans then 1 can?  The pattern matters.

Hi guys, here is the inside of the machine. I also confirm it is the 501E. 

@AngryChris: it sells 2 cans with every vend. If I press coke 5times, I’ll get 10 in total. 

25CF01EB-A1AD-4BED-B804-BB3D65FB7DCD.jpeg

Which column vends two at a time? I can't tell from the pic but it looks like all of the back spacers are set to be 3-deep.  Can you take a picture with the soda loaded in the column?  Also, are these standard sized 12-ounce cans or 16 oz?

Without knowing those details, it sounds like you have a coasting motor.

Actually, take a picture of two things.  A picture of the column with about 12 cans and a picture of the motor.  To see the motor, unplug the machine (you can unplug the barrell plug at the bottom left side of the cabinet.  It's about the size of an AA battery), take the motor cover off by lifting a little to get over the metal tab and pull it out, and set it down.  Take a picture close enough to see a couple motors but not too far away.  We need to see the cam settings.

Sir, all columns vend 2 at a time. Additionally, they all vend 1 for the first attempt and start vending 2 for next attempts.

The cans are standard sized 12-ounce. 

Here is the picture of the motors

B1F0DA82-B37A-453B-9E4E-00087769E931.jpeg

Oh, well 2, 1, 2, 1 makes sense.  2, everytime (as you originally said), doesn't make sense.

The problem is that this machine was probably setup for bottles and you didn't set the cams to the correct setting.  You want to adjust the cam so that there are THREE NOTCHES for the metal part of the switches to go in in the narrow columns (2-9) and 6 notches in the wide column (column 1).  On top of that, you need the columns setup with can shims if you haven't already done so.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived