Modem for a MEI 4 in 1

gelaro

I have an MEI 4-in-1 reader that was on a machine I recently acquired. It has a ADV5202 telemeter that is only 3g and must be replaced. I need a Wi-Fi telemeter  because of the building I am in and Mars/MEI apparently has no wi-fi telemeters.

1. Will a non-Mars/MEI telemeter work with this? Or do I need a new reader as well.

2. If a non-Mars telemeter will work, what is a good solution?

16 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

It's important that people know the differences between wifi, wireless, cellular, internet, etc..

I am well familiar with this. What I am not familiar with is card readers and cashless systems.

9 hours ago, gelaro said:

I am well familiar with this. What I am not familiar with is card readers and cashless systems.

That's good.  I was just making a general statement because i hear people use terms interchangeably when they clearly don't understand  the difference.  People will use "wifi" to refer to the internet or think that "wireless" always means that you are connected to the internet which is generally true with a cellular signal but not not always true with a local wireless connection.  I brought it up because so many terms were used.  If someone reads this and they don't know the difference, they will be further confused.

Archived