Glass Front Beverage Machine Dispensing Quarters Like Slot Machine After Sale

Gman

I have an odd issue with a ECC2145/DN5591 glass front beverage machine.  At random times when a transaction is made the machine dispenses quarters like it's a slot machine until the coin tube is empty.   Speaking with my parts supplier, he believes it happens when the transaction occurs at the same time as the compressor cutting in causing a momentary power fluctuation.  He also submitted that the florescent display light was part of the phenomena and suggested replacing it with an LED strip may fix it.  I have replaced the light with the LED bar and the problem still exists.  The supplier then suggested another fix would be to unplug the refrig system power from the vending machine and instead plug it into another circuit.   While I could plug it into another outlet on the same box, going to another circuit would be a major effort.  I can't let this machine give out jackpot rewards.  Does anyone here have any other thoughts on the cause of this?  Thanks.

I would start at the wall and check your ground and your polarity.  I just use a simple ground polarity tester from the home maintenance store. If that checks out swap the coin mech. Those are your two easiest attempts to remedy the situation.

The last issue I had like that on mine, I downloaded the manual and found the troubleshooting flowchart to be somewhat helpful although not entirely. In most cases it seems to point to the board. 

Probably dim or bad lights in or near the machine that confuse the logic board.  The coin mech only does what the logic board tells it to do.  Might also be low voltage when the compressor comes on.

allen watson, Thanks for the good info.  I checked and did find the plug on the vending machine had reversed polarity.  The plug had been replaced and the wires reversed when doing so.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that by getting the polarity correct fixes this problem now for good.  I tip my hat to you and AZVendor for the valuable insight!  

Archived