USI 3013 Keypad

TABV

Hi,

I have a 3013 that they keypad is no longer working. I checked all connections, coin mech and validator seem to be fine. I don think its the control board because the display is showing the message that is set up (Enjoy you snack!), not set up by me.... haha

It was saying exact change only but that goes away. My question is, do you think its just the keypad or do you think it could be a control board issue? Trying to decided what to order. I have other 3013'2 but I don't want to start swapping potentially bad parts into good machines and cause more issues.

Thanks in advance!

Brendan

So I swapped in another keypad, that didn't work. However I cant say for sure that was also a good keypad, it came from an old machine that had been pilfered already before I bought the business. I am thinking of ordering a new control board and keypad to be safe. Will a 3014A keypad work on the 3013, it looks the same to me.. 

2 hours ago, TABV said:

So I swapped in another keypad, that didn't work. However I cant say for sure that was also a good keypad, it came from an old machine that had been pilfered already before I bought the business. I am thinking of ordering a new control board and keypad to be safe. Will a 3014A keypad work on the 3013, it looks the same to me.. 

Yes.  There are differences between the 301x "A" models and non-A models.  For example, the board on non-A models should be mounted directly behind the keypad whereas it's mounted on the adjacent wall of the slide-out on A models.  Also, A models have a T handle I believe whereas non-A models have an L handle.  Beyond that, most parts should be totally interchangeable including the keypad.  I don't have any spare keypads but I do have a few boards.  I'm not a parts seller but if you just want a regular SM3 board (which yours should have) then I could sell one of these for maybe $50+ shipping.

The other MAJOR difference between L-handle models and T-handle models is that the shelves, spirals and cabinet harnesses aren't interchangeable.  About the only thing that is the same between the two models is the logic board.

Ok- so If there both L handle models I should be ok? I think I’m going to order a new keypad and control board to be safe. At this point I should just get a whole new (or used) machine... 

7 minutes ago, TABV said:

Ok- so If there both L handle models I should be ok? I think I’m going to order a new keypad and control board to be safe. At this point I should just get a whole new (or used) machine... 

The control boards are the same part #, but the keypads (3013 & 3014A) have different part numbers.

1 hour ago, BTVFC said:

The control boards are the same part #, but the keypads (3013 & 3014A) have different part numbers.

Do you know the specific part # by any chance. I am seeing several similar models as you mentioned on various websites. Any direct links to where it can be purchased would be appreciated.

I appreciate you all helping this newbie out!

The L-handle keypad is pn 4201202 for $105.24 from Vendnet and the T-handle version is 1102917.002 for $122.29.  The logic boards aren't available from Vendnet though you can send them one for repair.  You can also try S.Thomas and Assoc in Texas and see if they have repop keypads for you (they used to) or if they can send you an advanced exchange logic board.  The two models show different logic board pn's in their parts books but the later pn should work in both machines.  If you have an older logic board then S.Thomas might not take it as an exchange.  You should try the new keypad first before you get a logic board that you may not need.

Thanks for the quick reply. Just to confirm, the style handle your referring too is just the handle that opens the door? 

I promise  im doing some research before I ask... 

25 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

The L-handle keypad is pn 4201202 for $105.24 from Vendnet and the T-handle version is 1102917.002 for $122.29.  The logic boards aren't available from Vendnet though you can send them one for repair.  You can also try S.Thomas and Assoc in Texas and see if they have repop keypads for you (they used to) or if they can send you an advanced exchange logic board.  The two models show different logic board pn's in their parts books but the later pn should work in both machines.  If you have an older logic board then S.Thomas might not take it as an exchange.  You should try the new keypad first before you get a logic board that you may not need.

Thanks for the quick reply. Just to confirm, the style handle your referring too is just the handle that opens the door? 

I promise  im doing some research before I ask... 

thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2019 at 7:58 PM, AZVendor said:

Thanks everyone, replaced the keypad yesterday and it worked great. Appreciate all the help! 

Archived