Quarters

livinginthe80z

2 hours ago, livinginthe80z said:

Banks that take quarters unrolled. Which ones do it?

Apparently you haven't called any to ask or dropped in to ask.  Each area's bank is different.  Do the legwork.

• Like 1

I called regions corporate number and they transferred me to 3 different branches in my area and either said no or that they only will ship a bag of change in to their vault at a fee of 5$ per bag. And it takes a week to process it to get credit. Wells Fargo just straight up said no. I explained I had a vending company so I guess that didn’t matter. Went to a credit union and they told me they only took it rolled. I just thought that instead of chasing down more places maybe someone on here knew of a bank that does it. Save me some time. I did some leg work though. That’s 5 places so far.

9 hours ago, livinginthe80z said:

I called regions corporate number and they transferred me to 3 different branches in my area and either said no or that they only will ship a bag of change in to their vault at a fee of 5$ per bag. And it takes a week to process it to get credit. Wells Fargo just straight up said no. I explained I had a vending company so I guess that didn’t matter. Went to a credit union and they told me they only took it rolled. I just thought that instead of chasing down more places maybe someone on here knew of a bank that does it. Save me some time. I did some leg work though. That’s 5 places so far.

I wouldn't spend a ton of effort looking for banks that process large amounts of coin until it really becomes a necessity for you. Keep things cheap and simple. If you already have a bank for personal checking see if they offer free business checking (no minimum balance requirement as well) and open an account there. Make sure they accept rolled coin (I haven't heard of one yet that won't accept rolled coin from account holders) and just roll your coins for now. Put the bulk of your efforts into getting equipment out on the street because if that doesn't happen there will be no need anything else.

33 minutes ago, gumball guy said:

I haven't heard of one yet that won't accept rolled coin from account holders

I have seen comments similar to this on here quite often.  All banks around me refuse to take rolled coins.  After talking to over a dozen locations I stopped trying.

Just find one with a coin counter, if you have a business account they shouldn't care about volume.  Once you get big enough talk to them about sealed bags. 

In the mean time, listen to Gumball Guy and worry about getting locations.

Edited by Mehehe

• 3 months later...

As an update, My local chase explained that they also accept a bag of change under $500 you just have to fill out the bag differently. I'm not sure how low you can go, but you definitely need a business account, and it's not too hard to set one up. Also it all has to be the same kind of coin, no mixing dimes with quarters or anything. 

80z, Do you live in Mobile? If so, Compass Bank will give you plastic bags that you fill your information out on it with a Sharpie.  Of course you have to have a account with Compass

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2019 at 8:47 AM, Kevinator said:

80z, Do you live in Mobile? If so, Compass Bank will give you plastic bags that you fill your information out on it with a Sharpie.  Of course you have to have a account with Compass

Yes I do. And thank you this is awesome 😎 

• 6 months later...

Check local credit unions.  Mine has a machine you can dump loose coin into.  It sorts and counts it, gives you a coucher, then take it to a teller.  No fees.  I take mine in in $400 amounts.  Hope this helps