Vendo Univendor II

nrod7

First, thanks for all the help on  my last post (I.D. machine).

Today, I received a call from a customer who bought the Vendo Univendor II. ( 9 select)

Even though I suggested to the customer that the vend prices were set at a fair price,  he decided to mess

with the mode button.

I have two issues         !.  If you purchase a Gatorade @ $1.25 with two $1.00 dollar bills it will keep the change unless select a soda @ .75.   It forces you to spend the value over the first vend price.

2. I have a selection/column that if filled with product but "reads sold out"  

Any Solutions?

Respectfully,

nrod7

Multi vend is on. This allows customers to buy multiple items without having to keep reinserting the money. I hate this setting. It probably will be under "MV" you gotta download the manual brosuff.

As for the full selection that says sold out. Is the sold out paddle pushed down by the product? That would be my guess based off the limited information provided.

Your moron customer has set his machine to Multi-Vend.  He needs to locate the mode switch and press it 5 times to get to a display of OPT 2.  Then he needs to press his second selection button from the top one or two times so the display shows 5.  This is the factory default setting of no multiple vends.  When the 5 is showing he needs to close the door and see if he fixed his mistake.

The sold out column means he changed products or you didn't have that column depth set right when you sold it to him.  The rear spacer needs to be brought forward a bit so the products hold the sold out paddle down far enough.  He'll probably screw that up too because most people don't take the time to evenly set the rear spacer.  It should be in the same notches side to side and top and bottom to be even.

either multi vend or forced vend is on, that has to be changed in the main setting, and for the sold out switch, the product should be against the paddle, did you demonstrate on how to use the machine to the incompetent person before selling it to them? and did they acknowledge that they fully understand how to use it? did you state that anything done after sale completion is on the buyer? but im sure you offered to help in some way right?

Thanks AZVendor,

I believe I have enough product and the rear spacer is set correctly.  He is vending 16 o.z. Monsters on column 9.  I was vending the same type of product at my location.  

The paddle is down and the column has enough product...For that reason,  i though it might be a switch.

What else should i check AZ

Thanks for the solution on the multi-vending solution.  

What should I charge for the service charge, correcting his mistakes, fixing "sold out" issue?

Respectfully,

nro7

The rear spacer has to be held down just enough, which it obviously is not now, so it has to be adjusted forward one or two notches.  I charge $65 per service call so charge that to him for his stupidity.

Hello NYCman,  

Yes,  I extended many courtesies.  He quickly admitted to screwing up.  He was aware the machine was as-is.  He  was aware that my services after the sale were not included.

The Univendor has some quirks. You may have to advance the column by holding the motor switch open and pressing the door switch. 

Also, I have 2 Univendors that are out of alignment regarding the bottom gauge bar. The normal position of the 3 is the center for cans. However, if the back can isn’t dropping correctly you may have to put the bar at an angle with the rear of the bar being on the largest setting and the front being on the middle setting. 

There are also specific plastic clips that need to be in placed on the gauge bar. 

You can download the manual here:

https://www.amequipmentsales.com/manuals/pdf/Vendo/VENDO UNIVENDOR II 480-511 TRADE PARTS MANUAL.pdf

8 minutes ago, allen watson said:

The Univendor has some quirks. You may have to advance the column by holding the motor switch open and pressing the door switch. 

Also, I have 2 Univendors that are out of alignment regarding the bottom gauge bar. The normal position of the 3 is the center for cans. However, if the back can isn’t dropping correctly you may have to put the bar at an angle with the rear of the bar being on the largest setting and the front being on the middle setting. 

There are also specific plastic clips that need to be in placed on the gauge bar. 

You can download the manual here:

https://www.amequipmentsales.com/manuals/pdf/Vendo/VENDO UNIVENDOR II 480-511 TRADE PARTS MANUAL.pdf

Out of curiosity, is that for 3 deep?

When setting two deep you need the tall black clip. When setting 3 deep cans you need two white shorter clips. 

If you test vend the product while looking up underneath you’ll see the reason for the gauge bar locations and the plastic clips. 

Archived