Gumball Gourmet Machines

TexasFreemason

It really depends on which ones we're talking about. A couple import machines have sailed under that name over the years.

If they're the black/red/white roundish ones they're Rhino clones, which are patterned after Beaver. A lot of parts are interchangeable, which I'd recommend for the coin mechs. Locks are advisable- if memory serves the franchise only had a couple key codes, though I admit I'm more paranoid about that than most. I wouldn't pay too much for them- they're a little higher capacity than something like an LYPC head but about the same in terms of quality.

If it's the square ones with the cannisters, RUN from that deal.

(If you've got pics, we can help further.) 😉

I have never owned one of these machines so I have no idea what the reliability is but usually on these Chinese knock offs it isn't great. I have seen them in malls as they were part of a vending kiosk so that is probably why he has 50 (I'm assuming with no stands). $25 may sound competitive but not if the machines misvend or jam all of the time. Ask yourself if would you be better off buying 20-25 brand new Eagles for around the same price? I know what I would do. If you do decide to go after them I would offer $15 a piece because I have a feeling this guy got biz op'd years ago and just wants to get rid of them. It looks like he a double for sale as well for $80.00.

These are from the "mall kiosk" biz-op from several years ago. You can still see many of them in action today, though that's more a testament to their appearance and the nature of mall contracts than the quality of the machinery. As Gumball Guy said, the seller probably got bamboozled by the biz-op back in the early 2000's and is looking to get out from under it, or a vendor who lost a mall account and is looking to cut inventory- in either event, he's likely motivated to sell. I'd see what sort of stands they're talking about- to my knowledge these machines were always sold on very large and flat "kiosk" style arrangements that held a minimum of 4 machines- which are going to be considerably bigger and more cumbersome than what you probably want to deal with- but if they're regular pipe stands, they could be alright. That would be a major deciding factor for me.

As for the actual machines, consider that if their mechs, wheels, and locks are rusted, seized, or otherwise messed up, you may be looking at replacement parts for the whole lot- which my notes say Beaver parts will work, but that volume of Beaver parts is going to be expensive. At that point, your cost to get these going would be a lot higher than just buying new, so get a good look at what it is you're getting before you make any deals with the seller.

Good luck!

Archived