Your Bev Or Combo Machines?

peteyboy

Talk to me about your top beverage or even combo machines if you're buying new today. I'm contemplating moving all towards live display coil-op beverage machines, and possibly some combos. We have more complaints with Bev Max's than I'd like, and the consistency of coil-op is tempting as a result, plus the benefit of live display. Federal's newer B36s and B40s are attractive but haven't used any personally.

Thoughts?

I prefer the Bev Max to all others. Second choice is the AMS as long as you do not need a lot of volumn(only 5-6 per column). But for overall servicability( pricing, meters, etc), I like the AMS

My problems are all related to bottle drops. Monster energy drinks and red bull are my repeat issues. I've tried lubricating slides aggressively (silicone, though I undestand some people prefer teflon) and still seem to have problems with no drops on the regular. Yes, I've tried multiple shims as well.

These are the Federals I was referring to above. https://federalmachine.com/

cvending, it sounds like your problem with the AMS is just volume capability?

Thanks for the replies all.

I have one of the usi/federal 40 select drink machines from your link. I've never really had any problems out of it other than the product/prices labels on the bottom shelf constantly breaking from drinks dropping. I got this machine from a buyout. That being said I wouldn't personally buy one. USI parts are overpriced.

Bevmax 4 is my go to for glass front drink machines. We have about 40. AMS make great machines but I've never had one of their drink machines. Just snack and food

Bvending... volumne is not really a problem.  Sometimes they are just a better fit with the lesser capacity. My biggest problem is in moving them through doorways.  The hinge side base has a bigger footprint than most machines. 

1 hour ago, Southeast Treats said:

I have never had a bottle drop glassfront.  I looked at some early on in the business but really did not like the design.  Does anyone even make them anymore? 

The closest thing you can get to a bottle drop today would be something like an AMS or USI refrigerated snack machine that's configured to vend soda.  Personally, I am leaning toward giving the AMS a try because my best account has been steadily growing in sales even though they could drop down to $75/week at any moment.  I think it's worth it to not only try out the AMS and get used to it but also because I could really use the extra capacity.  These people murder the machines when things are busy.  I think they are pushing $300/week and I have never seen more than maybe 40 people there at any given time.

On 2/9/2019 at 5:37 AM, peteyboy said:

My problems are all related to bottle drops. Monster energy drinks and red bull are my repeat issues. I've tried lubricating slides aggressively (silicone, though I undestand some people prefer teflon) and still seem to have problems with no drops on the regular. Yes, I've tried multiple shims as well.

Assuming you are talking about the 5591 bottle drops:

What size cans and what specific problems are you having with each?

Do you have diving boards on either can selection?

Do you have the full redbull kit or just the front shim installed?

Archived