BevMax 4 5800 - Assistance Requested (Drink Door Opener & Coin Return)

Ry0

Hello,

To start out, I’m fairly new to the vending machine world but I do own 2 machines which are used in our hotel.  My background is more involved in IT security, so I feel pretty comfortable working on these from a technical standpoint.

The machine I would like to discuss is a BevMax 4 5800.

Problem 1 - The drink dispenser door/opener is not closing correctly.  When an item is purchased it’s brought over to the door (forgive me if my terminology is off) and dropped into the “port enclosure?”.  Then, the clear plastic door that rotates will open and allow you to grab the drink, after which the door rotates shut....and after 5 seconds it rotates back open and then starts closing again stopping 3/4 of the way open and remains stuck open.  Manually forcing the door shut will then allow another transaction to be made on the machine.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated.  Please be specific on the steps!  I do have the service manual for reference.

Problem 2 - The coin return button does not work.  This one took a little time to narrow down since I didn’t have any understanding of the Conlux CCM5G coin changer or pictures to reference.  However, I did eventually identify the plastic “Gate Lever” as the culprit with the help of a YouTube video as it appears the bottom half of the plastic is broken off and not reaching the flap to trigger the coin return.  If I manually open/close the flap with my hand the coin return works fine.  

Now my question is which of the below part numbers are correct (they came from the service manual) and where can this replacement part be ordered from?

Conlux CCM5G / “Gate Lever”

Part # 384421

Part # 6C21108010

Thanks in advance!

Ry0

Don't mess with the Conlux.  Get yourself a better coin mech.  A 3 tube Coinco 9302GX or a Mars CF7512 if you need more tubes.  The 5800 is a poor design and very problematic.  Find the manual for it and follow the troubleshooting in it.  Or eliminate this and future problems and replace the machines.

On the top of your port door is the motor. The motor turns a small black plastic cam. This cam is probably broken. Remove the white cover, then you'll see the screws that hold the motor plate to the top of the port. Very simple. 

As for the changer, usually if the scavenger arm extension is gone, the arm itself is cracked or broken. Find an MEI (CPI) authorized service center. If you can't find one, let us know what city you are in or near so we can point you the right direction. 

4 hours ago, lacanteen said:

On the top of your port door is the motor. The motor turns a small black plastic cam. This cam is probably broken. Remove the white cover, then you'll see the screws that hold the motor plate to the top of the port. Very simple. 

As for the changer, usually if the scavenger arm extension is gone, the arm itself is cracked or broken. Find an MEI (CPI) authorized service center. If you can't find one, let us know what city you are in or near so we can point you the right direction. 

Thanks for the input, I’ll take a look under that motor cover later today to confirm. 

I am located near Owensboro, KY.

To help clarify the part I’m referring to in the coin changer, I’ll try and attach a couple pictures.  The first picture is my (very dirty) coin changer and the second picture is a screenshot from a YouTube video that helped me visually identify that the part was broken.

F2D8C2C6-2B67-4DD5-BE10-CA351B8ABB3F.jpeg

DFE2B9E7-82A7-483D-B718-1D7CAE39EB56.jpeg

Just an FYI... I found a website selling the “Scavenger Arm/Gate Lever” part I needed.

https://www.capitalvending.com/cpkccm5scavengerroller.html

It’s silly to spend money unnecessarily, if this coin changer did not perform as needed I would without a doubt replace it - however, that’s never been an issue.  I just needed to fix the coin return.

As for the port door, I don’t think there’s any issue with the cams/gears since the motor turns it just fine.  It’s almost as if a sensor isn’t detecting the door closed properly so it opens back up and then tries to close again...and repeats this once or twice before stopping with the port door left open.   Any other suggestions? 

I forgot to post a picture of the port door motor area, not really sure if it’s of any help.

On a side note, I royally screwed myself by accidentally leaving the TriTeq wireless receiver disconnected when I closed the door.  One of these wires looked loose so I started removing the electrical tape to resecure them but the wires were very tiny and difficult to strip and reconnect without solder.  I had planned to go get my soldering tools and return to finish so I closed the door.  I didn’t realize at that moment those wires were for the TriTeq wireless receiver but once I closed the door I realized it immediately.

I read the following thread in this forum, the last post was most helpful however I didn’t get very far yet.  There was actually a hole already drilled at the top of the unit about half an inch wide so I assume this hasn’t been the first time a manual door opening was needed.

https://vendiscuss.net/topic/15561-electronic-door-locks/

I used an endoscope to fish down the hole and look around and kind of have an idea on what I think I need to do to open it...but not 100%.  If my memory serves me correct, when the door locks the metal locking arm moves upward, so in order to unlock it, it should need to be pushed down?  I tried this with a coat hanger....haha, that was a no go.  I’m thinking I just need sonething small and strong enough to push the locking mechanism down into the unlocked position.  Am I even on the right track here?  

I grabbed a screenshot of the inside locking mechanism to help visualize what I’m thinking.  Please confirm if you can.

Thanks!

42CD906C-E920-4F8C-969A-C1445402E683.jpeg

2571C57F-2A0E-4F77-8041-197D89DCA2FE.jpeg

7A17A020-37E3-4F6D-9446-1E06DF7A44A3.jpeg

Well I’m sure learning a lot from myself, could the part I thought was the TriTeq receiver actually be the port sensor?!

https://www.dsvendinginc.com/p-8091-d80492749-dn-bevmax-234-port-vend-sensor.aspx

I’m really confused now, I wouldn’t think the sensor has anything to do with the TriTeq lock.  I disconnected the wires to the “sensor” (“wireless receiver” in my pictures) to restrip/connect them but they were never reconnected when I closed the door.  If I remember correctly, the only visible difference between the sensor in my machine and the link above is that my machine sensor had four wires (black, green, red and white), whereas I only see 3 wires in the link above (black, green and red). I do believe the wires from that part ran all the way up to the TriTeq box because I remember following them to see where they went.  Unfortunately this didn’t immediately click in my head that the locks wires were running into the electric lock.

I also remember testing the machine after I locked myself out of it and it functioned correctly except for the port door that still never closed correctly.  The only thing not working was the keyfob.

Please just do yourself a favor and call a vending repair technician.  You're in way over your head and the location will quickly learn than.  While you keep putzing around and your machine doesn't get fixed then it runs out of product and you'll lose the account.

Archived