Usg

TKK

So every 3 months they keep $250? I usually spend like 40k from vistar a month, not sure if blue bunny and frito lay count, but that seems like a big rebate fee. They keep 1k a year i wonder if its even worth it. I know usatech has usg deals and other perks. What other perks do u guys get?

Anacapa....what do u mean purchase from usg vend? Is that a differnt usg?

Have you been participating in the different manufacturer's rebate programs up to this point on your own? Hershey, Mars, Frito-Lay, General Mills, Kelloggs, etc.?  USG basically manages THESE rebate programs for you and then take a percentage cut for administrative costs.  They DO sometimes negotiate a little bit more lucrative program for their members (an extra percent rebate, or softer sales targets to hit), but YOU are still responsible to hit these program targets, typically based on a percentage of growth over last year.  Some have conditions based on purchasing several SKU's or Core products, but each manufacturers rebate program is different.  USG essentially tracks your progress on the rebate programs and pays you accordingly.  MY issue with the USG rebates is that you receive them in one giant rebate check with little to NO breakdown information as to how you performed on each manufacturers program and how the rebate check was calculated.  Getting that back-up info involves alot of "hoop jumping", in my opinion.  I have always monitored my own rebate programs and know to the dollar what I should be receiving.  That's me though (the "accountant" in me needs to track my numbers).  I would suggest that you track your manufacturers rebate programs on your own for a year and see how they work (if you haven't been participating in them up to this point).  Learn them, how they work and then make a decision.  I'm not saying not to join USG, but the rebates are a BIG reason most join and most rebates are available to you as an independent vendor.  USG has many other benefits, like the Purchase Power program  (monthly buying specials on certain items) that, I think, Anacapa is referring to (or whatever they call it now).  Talk to your Vistar rep about the different rebate programs.  They should be able to point you to the Manufacturer's Rep or Broker in your area to sign up for them.

Yes you can place your vistar orders through the usgvend.com website under purchase power page. You can also track your rebates on a different page on this site. You need to pay attention to the requirements every quarter because if you dont follow them exactly it hurts your rebate amount.

Archived