Best way to clean plastic globes?

Candyguy

To remove sticky residue from globes I always use isopropyl alcohol. It is great on removing old tape and sticker remnants without damaging the globe and it is non toxic. Once I am done i use a clean damp rag to wipe the inside clean. Couple of notes.........it will still require alot of elbow grease for some stickers. Paper based stickers (front of the stick tears off and leaves most of the sticker behind) will need several applications and don't be afraid to use ample amounts of alcohol. You can also pour the alcohol on it and let it sit for a couple hours. The toughest thing to remove are certain types of scotch tape. You will need to try to peel as much as you can, apply, peel again, apply, peel again. 

I've attached the globe I'm trying to clean up below.  I've already did an intial hot water and dish soap clean and am still left with a dirty residue.  To get this globe shining again like new, is the isopropyl alcohol the best thing to use?  

superbounceglobe.jpg

1 hour ago, Candyguy said:

I've attached the globe I'm trying to clean up below.  I've already did an intial hot water and dish soap clean and am still left with a dirty residue.  To get this globe shining again like new, is the isopropyl alcohol the best thing to use?  

superbounceglobe.jpg

Been using it for years especially for candy/gumball machines where you have to be careful about using cleaning chemicals inside the globe (obviously not a concern with this unit). If it is a sticky residue it should work and if it doesn't you are out about $3.00 bucks. Also it is available at any pharmacy or grocery store.

Archived