Issue: Vendo 576

Ptleagacies

I’ve just gotten a vending machine (Vendo 576) and it appears to have a slight problem. 

Sometimes when you are trying to test or buy a beverage the motor spins for a mere instant, repeat and it does the same, repeat it again and it will usually go through a cycle. 

Not sure why sometimes the motor doesn’t go through a complete cycle but merely 1% of a full turn while taking the money

thanks for the help 

You might have a jammed product in the column or the drop sensor is out of adjustment.  Does it happen on only one column?  Check the drop sensor if it's a corner column.  If not then you have a worn out gate link behind the motor.  When one wears out it jams against the rotor.  If you need to replace one you should probably replace all of them as they wear out at the same rate.  This requires you to remove the motor to get to the gate link.

I haven,t checked out the machine yet as i wont have time until the weekend. However since it seems to occur in two columns (one corner one not) I don't think it would be the drop sensor. Therefore it would probably the gate link, which would cause the machines motor to turn for 0.1 of a second and the computer would think as though it dispensed the product? 

I am thinking that the 576 is a vmax which shouldn't have a drop sensor.  It sounds like a bad motor switch but I believe you have to buy the motor with the switch on it as I don't think the switches can be replaced separately.

No.....  Those are for Univendor machines.  Yours is a V-Max.  If you look at your motors you'll see that your switches are soldered onto the motor circuit boards and are not replaceable because no service parts are made for the motors.  

On 2/27/2019 at 2:44 PM, AngryChris said:

I am thinking that the 576 is a vmax which shouldn't have a drop sensor.  

I mixed it up with a Royal.

I've never actually run into this problem with a V-Max before so this could be a couple of things if it happens on all columns or several of them.

1. The affected motors might have had the motor timing cams messed with and they are loose or not set correctly causing the switch to not be actuated.

2. There could be broken wires from the motors to the logic board where they exit from the motor cover, or in a connection in the door.

3. It could be a bad logic board if you can rule out 1 and 2.

Archived