Gpl 160

Chard

Just put an mdb cable on a gpl 160.

No matter what bill validator validator we put in it will not work properly.

The firmware version on the board is 160.01

When you scroll through software it allows you to select MDb coinmach but does not give any option to select in MDB validator.

Does the firmware version need to be changed? Is it some other problem?

I also will say that I've searched for the menu option as called out in the manual for setting the validator to mdb, but the menu option just doesn't show up.

When the validator is removed, the machine is happy, when any mdb validator is added the machine starts demanding exact change. 

I'm certain I've got to turn on the mdb validator, but the option to do so just isn't manifesting itself in the menu.

Will an old eprom do this? 

Go into SETUP. The validator setting will probably say SER followed by some numbers. Change that to mdb. The numbers that follow will be which bills it will accept. MDB 1 means mdb val will take ones, MDB 1,5 means it will takes ones and fives, etc

Chiming in here with Chard. For some reason this option on the Gpl160 for “MDB validator” is not available in the eprom 160.01, my question is what version of eprom might have the correct option, or does this go beyond a firmware upgrade?  Attached is a picture of the manual page 45 for setup of this machine that shows the same thing as the machine screen. Newer manuals have the “MDB validator” option

A5071570-1BED-44C3-A5EE-EA594CEE7C9B.jpeg

So when you get to OK 1.2.5.10.20 and press * it will only go between that and NOVALIDATOR? I was pretty sure the last 160's we got had 160.01 and mdb validator was still an option but now I'm second guessing myself. But we did have to upgrade it for card readers anyway

What is the difference between a GPL 160 and a National 167?  Is there a difference?  I just upgraded a National 157 e-prom to 158.29 and I wonder if 160.01 is particular to the board for the GPL.  What I am getting at here is.. can you convert the GPL essentially to a national 167?  Perhaps the keypads are different among some other things.  I have a Glasco GS2 that appears to be a national 148 cabinet but I have heard from various people here that some Glascos and GPLs are pretty close to one version of a national or another and they may only need a few parts to make them pretty much a National.

The Glasco GS models need a 158 eprom and a new keypad and overlay to make them a 158.  I don't think the same can be done to a GPL 160 because they used a different logic board than the 158 used.  I never converted a 160 so I might be wrong and it could even be a newer GPL model that used it's own one-off board that was very problematic.  The common parts like the shelves, harnesses some hard parts and the motors were the same.

2 hours ago, SaveYourYum said:

Found this reply by @lacanteen  awhile back about converting a 160 to a 167. So it looks to be possible with a few parts? However, a further question, does this allow for full use MDB coin mech and bill validator?

Post a picture of your computer board then we'll know how to move forward.

Archived