Card Reader and PayRange Disabled By Vendor DN 2145

fhamann

I have a DN 2145 bottle drop vending machine that works good.  Today I hooked up a known good USA Tech card reader.  The after the card reader boots up and establishes a connection, the display on the card reader says "Disabled by vendor."  I read the DN manual and found no step to enable the card reader.  I then removed the card reader and installed a new Payrange unit.  The Payrange unit light does no turn blue, but stays red.  When I push the button on the Payrange, the Payrange light blinks red and blue.  When I access the Payrange with my Smart Phone, it says "unit disabled by vendor."

Is there any way to make my card reader or Payrange work on this DN 2145 machine?

regards,

Frank Hamann

Orange, CA

I don't think you can put both into one machine, its either card reader or payrange, does the machine work without the new equipment? You might have to activate the new equipment to make it work

I am only testing each unit in the DN 2145, the card reader and the Payrange, one at at time.  Both the card reader and Payrange work fine in another snack machine.  The software version of the DN 2145 is 1.14A.  What version does it need to enable the card reader or the Payrange?  Who can sell me a EPROM with the latest version?

Thanks for the bad news.  I was hoping that at least the Payrange would work.  I thought that Payrange would work with any MDB machine, but some would only report non-cash transactions.  I could live with no cash reports.  The DN 2145 manual says this:

"The vender will support the following MDB card readers:

Debitek

VMC LTD

Danyl Schlumberger

Fage

Diebold Systems

Jofemar

AT&T Campus Wide

Evend.net

Danyl Smartcard"

Hi AZ,

My the control board in my DN 2145 looks completely different than the control board for the DN 5591.  See attached photos.  I found a few on ebay used for $175:

Will this one work in my DN 2145?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DIXIE-NARCO-BEVMAX-5591-2145-Glass-Front-Bottle-Drop-CONTROL-board-5267-AS-IS/264040270903?hash=item3d7a06cc37:g:DUYAAOSwVRBb7ISW:rk:5:pf:0

This is the one on EBay that says it works on both 5591 and 2145:

475498263_DN5591controlboardb.jpg.44f32ffedfd8669f81cd75a08d031300.jpg

This is what my original DN 2145 control board looks like.

1439417382_DN2145ControlBoard.jpg.322763ef403900663c4e6a036cf667f5.jpg

DN 5591 control board.jpg

MDB is all you need 98% of the time because the protocol carries the data you need MOST of the time.  With the USI 3189 with MCB12 (or whatever it is) board for example, you are SOL.  You can't even change the board on it.  I don't want to mess with bottle drops (but I'll do an AMS or USI Alpine.. go figure) but I believe the 2145 is worth upgrading.

The board shown on Ebay is what you would need.  The second picture of it in the metal box also shows a drop sensor daughter board that you won't need on your machine as your's only has one drop sensor and the daughter board is for two sensors.  You simply unplug the daughter board and plug your single sensor directly into the main logic board.

Archived