Bevmax compressor

nvb

Hey all, I'm looking for a compressor for a late DN5591. Would rather not buy the whole deck as the rest is in great shape.

Pretty sure this is the same deck as found in a Bevmax 2. 

Anyway I can't seem to find the compressor as a stand alone item..  can anyone suggest an interchangeable part or a good source?

IMG_3358.JPG

You can find a new factory unit from DN for about what it would cost to buy a bell housing and have it installed.  You would also get the factory 5 yr warranty.  Those compressors are 1/2 hp and are real expensive now.  Just putting a compressor on plus a filter/drier, freon and the labor is about $800.

Call your local Johnstone or refrigeration parts house. They can look up an interchange compressor.

However it is cheaper to just get the deck rebuilt.

Put it this way, the compressor alone is 4-500. By the time you flush the system and evacuate and refill, you are looking at probably a 8-1000 dollar bill for a refrigeration tech to do it on site.

Meanwhile, a factory new deck is 800. A rebuilt deck is only 400 from vending works. (600 if you want a new compressor.) Or in you want to roll the dice, a used pull is like 250.

Literally no reason to replace the compressor.

1 hour ago, orsd said:

Call your local Johnstone or refrigeration parts house. They can look up an interchange compressor.

However it is cheaper to just get the deck rebuilt.

Put it this way, the compressor alone is 4-500. By the time you flush the system and evacuate and refill, you are looking at probably a 8-1000 dollar bill for a refrigeration tech to do it on site.

Meanwhile, a factory new deck is 800. A rebuilt deck is only 400 from vending works. (600 if you want a new compressor.) Or in you want to roll the dice, a used pull is like 250.

Literally no reason to replace the compressor.

You can't get a bell housing from Johnstone Supply without a commercial tax license and refrigeration certification or from anywhere else without the certification.  How could a rebuilt deck from Vending Works be $400 or $600 if you want a new one?  Rebuilding a deck includes a new compressor so that pricing doesn't make any sense.  There isn't any other way to rebuild a deck.

• 4 months later...

I just wanted to follow up - 

I ordered a rebuilt deck with new compressor and 2 year warranty for $675 USD from Vendingworks.

It showed up as advertised. Installed and running with no problems.

It comes in a box with optional pre-paid return shipping. This is how they acquire decks to rebuild as I suspect many have no use for a broken down reefer deck and would be glad to send it away rather than deal with it.

1 hour ago, nvb said:

I just wanted to follow up - 

I ordered a rebuilt deck with new compressor and 2 year warranty for $675 USD from Vendingworks.

It showed up as advertised. Installed and running with no problems.

It comes in a box with optional pre-paid return shipping. This is how they acquire decks to rebuild as I suspect many have no use for a broken down reefer deck and would be glad to send it away rather than deal with it.

Returning the old one (core) is mandatory if you don’t want to be charged a core charge.

This is standard with rebuidable components in many different industries, especially vending and automotive.

But I’m glad you got it working.

Edited by orsd