AP Revision Door problem

Hey guys, I mentioned in an earlier post that I was buying 2 AP Revision Door machines. Anyway, I did get the 2 machines and put them on location.

They are both 111 machines I believe, 5 wide. I have one that has 2 selections (110 and 118) both on the top shelf that are not working currently. Everything worked fine when I placed them.

The VE board homes all motors when you open the door, but these 2 remain out of home and continue to say "not available". 

I haven't taken out the tray and switched it with another one yet, which I do plan on doing soon, just to start somewhere. Any ideas? Or has anyone run into this problem before? I have other VE boards that are not on revision door machines that never had this problem. I'm assuming it has something to do with the drop sensors? Also, these are dual spiral machines. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

It's an AP112 if it's 5 wide.  A 111 is a shallow 4 wide machine.  You can swap shelves and see if the problem moves with the shelf or stays in the original position.  If it moves with the shelf the motors could be bad since they are original motors.  The pins don't need to be cleaned but make sure the rollers are in good shape on the shelf.  If broken, loose or missing then the shelf pins won't line up properly.  This can lead to damaged contacts in the cabinet harness.  Look at the cabinet connector.  You should see two shiny metal pieces in every slot.  If you don't see that in one or more slots then the connector is damaged from misaligned pins.  If that happens you can move the wires on the shelf and cabinet connectors to unused matching pins, unless it's a 10 select shelf in which you're then screwed and you'll have to buy a new cabinet harness, which I think Vendors Exchange still repops. 

I forgot to add that if the connectors, rollers and motors check out okay then a very slight tweaking of the pins on the back of this shelf can be done to make better contact with the cabinet harness.

Archived