Can't turn bevmax lights on

I can't figure out how to turn the lights on in my bevmax.  It has a bevmax 4 board in it and it was working fine previously.  It works fine when I do a relay test on the lights so I know everything works but I absolutely cannot get them to come on when in sales mode.  I have set the "lights off" time from 11pm to 4am thinking it might do something (but maybe it should be the other way?) and I did something else too.  Part of the problem is that the manual is confusing when it says "lights off" and the options are "on" or "off" where "on" supposedly means off and "off" means on.  It's very confusing in that regard.  However, it doesn't work with either setting and setting lights off time to all 00:00 doesn't seem to disable it either.  I have tried something in setup mode 1 and I am not sure if I checked setup mode 2 but my dated manual didn't have anything for setup mode 3 so maybe I missed something.  If anyone knows anything, I would appreciate it.

Does it have LED replacement bulbs? I've noticed the stock ballast doesnt seem to last long if you upgrade the fluorescents to LED replacements. Even if they work for awhile.

Or do the lights come on once you hit a number on the keypad? 

35 minutes ago, Anacapa Vending said:

Does it have LED replacement bulbs? I've noticed the stock ballast doesnt seem to last long if you upgrade the fluorescents to LED replacements. Even if they work for awhile.

Or do the lights come on once you hit a number on the keypad? 

No LED bulbs.  No lights when you press the keypad.  It used to use some energy conservation where it stayed off after sitting idle too long, but now they only come on when i do a relay test on the light.  I feel like it has to be a setting but i cannot figure it out.  I actually started my diagnosis by replacing a single bulb, which did nothing.  Then i thought it must be the ballast, but it works with the relay test.

1 hour ago, lacanteen said:

Since the lights work during relay test you have a setting that's holding you up. Rather than continue to chase your own tail, do a full board reset and start over.

This is the last resort I have in mind.  Aside from setting prices, are the default settings pretty much standard such as temperature, sensors enabled, etc..?

You will want to check the hook swipe setting & shelf offset setting, but these numbers are recorded on a decal on the right sidewall of the monetary compartment. Otherwise, you're pretty much putting your prices back and STS if you use that feature (I do).

20 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

You will want to check the hook swipe setting & shelf offset setting, but these numbers are recorded on a decal on the right sidewall of the monetary compartment. Otherwise, you're pretty much putting your prices back and STS if you use that feature (I do).

I probably should use STS but I don't lol.  I can imagine it helping with rotation and making the machine look Fuller when it's low.

Okay so I figured out the problem.  I guess it's my fault for not understanding the manual but here is what I had to do.  I had to set the "lights off time" for 4am to 11pm.  I guess it may have worked fine if I just enabled every day but the confusing part of the whole thing is that I have 4am to 11pm as LIGHTS OFF time.  How does that make any sense?  The manual does not say that "lights off time" is the time that lights are ON but it clearly implies that it is off.  It was all 00:00 and all NNNNNN (No for every day of the week), which IMPLIED that "lights off time" would be disabled.. which also implies that the lights would be ON, but apparently it means LIGHTS ON time.  On top of that, the "LIGHTS OFF" setting can be either "on" or "off."  So when you toggle it, it says "Lights off: (on)" or "Lights off: (off)".  Again, the manual doesn't specify whether turning the "lights off" OFF means that the "lights off time" is enabled or disabled, so I was further confused.  Basically, from what I can tell, Dixie should have referred to it all as LIGHTS ON instead.  It would have been WAY clearer that way.. or at least be more specific in the manual.

I don't know why the settings got changed in the first place though.

29 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

Okay so I figured out the problem.  I guess it's my fault for not understanding the manual but here is what I had to do.  I had to set the "lights off time" for 4am to 11pm.  I guess it may have worked fine if I just enabled every day but the confusing part of the whole thing is that I have 4am to 11pm as LIGHTS OFF time.  How does that make any sense?  The manual does not say that "lights off time" is the time that lights are ON but it clearly implies that it is off.  It was all 00:00 and all NNNNNN (No for every day of the week), which IMPLIED that "lights off time" would be disabled.. which also implies that the lights would be ON, but apparently it means LIGHTS ON time.  On top of that, the "LIGHTS OFF" setting can be either "on" or "off."  So when you toggle it, it says "Lights off: (on)" or "Lights off: (off)".  Again, the manual doesn't specify whether turning the "lights off" OFF means that the "lights off time" is enabled or disabled, so I was further confused.  Basically, from what I can tell, Dixie should have referred to it all as LIGHTS ON instead.  It would have been WAY clearer that way.. or at least be more specific in the manual.

I don't know why the settings got changed in the first place though.

I don't think it means "Lights Off" but rather "Lights Timer Off"...meaning, the timer that stops the lights from lighting goes off at 4 am and comes back on at 11 pm.  I agree that it's confusing.  It is the same way in my Royal machines.

3 hours ago, darkinthepark said:

I don't think it means "Lights Off" but rather "Lights Timer Off"...meaning, the timer that stops the lights from lighting goes off at 4 am and comes back on at 11 pm.  I agree that it's confusing.  It is the same way in my Royal machines.

That makes sense about the timer, but that's not what it says!! Lol..

Archived