Hello Everyone, new member here.

Intouchvending

Just thought I would start off by introducing myself. My name is Mike and I am just starting up a new vending company. I just placed my first machines and am very excited but I know I have a longgggg way to go and a lot of hard work to put in before I get to where I want to be. I've been reading some posts here without an account for a while now and a few members have been very helpful with their advice. So thank you, and happy to be here. Any tips or advice that you wish to tell me is always accepted and appreciated. 

Also, on a side note, I'm currently trying to purchase a Dutro 1888-78 but dutro only sells to resellers and the few sites I found are quite expensive. Does anyone have a link to the best place to buy one of these for the price/reliability. Thanks again.

8 hours ago, Intouchvending said:

Just thought I would start off by introducing myself. My name is Mike and I am just starting up a new vending company. I just placed my first machines and am very excited but I know I have a longgggg way to go and a lot of hard work to put in before I get to where I want to be. I've been reading some posts here without an account for a while now and a few members have been very helpful with their advice. So thank you, and happy to be here. Any tips or advice that you wish to tell me is always accepted and appreciated. 

Also, on a side note, I'm currently trying to purchase a Dutro 1888-78 but dutro only sells to resellers and the few sites I found are quite expensive. Does anyone have a link to the best place to buy one of these for the price/reliability. Thanks again.

Dutros are basically the Cadillac of the hand truck world.  A lot of guys use them to move equipment but I wouldn't get too deep into that unless you're built like a linebacker.  If you're just looking for something to service machines, then a light weight convertible hand truck is what you need.  Costco sells one for about a hundred bucks that works great

Well I plan on getting my own truck eventually and a pallet Jack etc. So I can be independent and move things myself. Actually, I am kind of built like a linebacker lol 6,1 290 pounds. I did see the convertable cosco one that folds into a "cart" to pull snacks/drink and it does look good.

22 minutes ago, Intouchvending said:

Well I plan on getting my own truck eventually and a pallet Jack etc. So I can be independent and move things myself. Actually, I am kind of built like a linebacker lol 6,1 290 pounds. I did see the convertable cosco one that folds into a "cart" to pull snacks/drink and it does look good.

Given that you're about twice as big as me you might pull it off.   Just remember that it takes a small fortune in equipment to properly move vending machines.  If you can find a good used Dutro it would certainly be worth owning but the danged things last forever and you seldom see one for sale used unless the guy just kicked off and his widow is looking to move out his old gear. Roger Morris, who is member here ( even though he hasn't posted in years) has all the moving equipment sorted out down to a science.  Roger has been known to drive halfway across the country to acquire just the right piece of equipment that he wants.

If you need a Dutro now you will need to shell out the 800 bucks.

I got mine used for 180, but that was a rare deal.

Put it this way, I’ve seen maybe 1 other Dutro for sale used for less than 400 in my major metropolitan area in 6 years.

And yes, they last golpher forever. Guy I bought mine from said he bought it used from a another guy 25 years ago.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll look into all the options. I have the $800 for the Dutro. It sounds like its worth it. I'm sure it will last me a very long time. I can probably call movers for big stuff that might be dangerous and just do it myself when I feel comfortable with the dutro.

Archived