I can't find reliable info on this brand!

Gumball Wizard

1 hour ago, Gumball Wizard said:

This brand called rocket vending has breast cancer coin machines.

I have no idea if these are quality crafted or Chinese knockoffs. 

Help appreciated. Are these good machines?

Screenshot_20190315-062607.png

Looks like an out of business bizop. If you buy junk like this you will be kicking yourself down the road. Steer clear and stick to buying Eagle, Oak, Northwestern or Beaver if you want quality machines. Eagle and Beaver are still in business and good used Oak and Northwestern equipment is easy to find on resale websites.

2 hours ago, gumball guy said:

Looks like an out of business bizop. If you buy junk like this you will be kicking yourself down the road. Steer clear and stick to buying Eagle, Oak, Northwestern or Beaver if you want quality machines. Eagle and Beaver are still in business and good used Oak and Northwestern equipment is easy to find on resale websites.

What the hell does a mint machine have to do with breast cancer anyway?

5 hours ago, gumball guy said:

Hey how do I know which Northwestern machines to buy. Are there any that are more up-to-date than past ones? I see a lot of videos on YouTube of kids hacking gumball machines and I wonder if the newer ones have better security then the older ones. If so how do you know when your buy different machines off of eBay on the internet and can't truly tell what the inside mechanisms look like?

1 hour ago, Gumball Wizard said:

Hey how do I know which Northwestern machines to buy. Are there any that are more up-to-date than past ones? I see a lot of videos on YouTube of kids hacking gumball machines and I wonder if the newer ones have better security then the older ones. If so how do you know when your buy different machines off of eBay on the internet and can't truly tell what the inside mechanisms look like?

Northwestern Super 60 is a solid performer and it is as recent a machine as you will find from them as they made up until they closed the doors a couple of years ago. Here is an example but this one is ridiculously over priced so don't buy it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Northwestern-super-60-gumball-candy-vending-machine-w-key-BRAND-NEW-IN-BOX/132980092195?hash=item1ef63b2d23:g:qsgAAOSwaKVcgdS7

Here is another one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Refurbished-Super-60-Northwestern-gumball-candy-toy-nut-bulk-vending-machine/142730546709?hash=item213b674e15:g:vO0AAOSwQVpasz~n

Don't waste your time worrying about kids hacking your machine because it is not a widespread issue. Take some time and research the brand names I listed above. Use the search function on this site as well. The research will give you the ability to make more of an educated decision about what machine you want to buy. Read some of the threads on self locating as well. Good luck and feel free to ask more questions if necessary.

1 hour ago, gumball guy said:

Northwestern Super 60 is a solid performer and it is as recent a machine as you will find from them as they made up until they closed the doors a couple of years ago. Here is an example but this one is ridiculously over priced so don't buy it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Northwestern-super-60-gumball-candy-vending-machine-w-key-BRAND-NEW-IN-BOX/132980092195?hash=item1ef63b2d23:g:qsgAAOSwaKVcgdS7

Here is another one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Refurbished-Super-60-Northwestern-gumball-candy-toy-nut-bulk-vending-machine/142730546709?hash=item213b674e15:g:vO0AAOSwQVpasz~n

Don't waste your time worrying about kids hacking your machine because it is not a widespread issue. Take some time and research the brand names I listed above. Use the search function on this site as well. The research will give you the ability to make more of an educated decision about what machine you want to buy. Read some of the threads on self locating as well. Good luck and feel free to ask more questions if necessary.

Thanks, I really appreciate your help! Can I friend you?

• 2 weeks later...

This is a conversion of an old Biz-Op from ages ago- either using refurbished/converted old machines, or importing from the same supplier. The base is obviously one of the old Altoids Gum machines (look them up here on the forums, though be forewarned the reviews aren't too good), while the machine on top looks to be the same as before. The machines are very "rough" Northwestern clones, as in they have the general shape, and some parts are compatible/interchangeable, but they are made almost entirely out of heavy plastic and aren't going to be compatible with locks, lids, and chute doors. To give you a good idea of what you're getting into, look up "Candy King" branded machines- they made a LOT of them back in the 90's, and it wouldn't surprise me that some plant in China might still be making them.

While perusing my own hard disk for some relevant photos, here's a machine using a similar gimmick from 2013:

12b6422627ab0a4eec3c6e807655a97a.jpg

This one was sold by a reseller who bought the Altoids machines cheap after the Biz-Op collapsed and hundreds of operators realized they'd waster their money, and then painted them and had a new faceplate for the Altoids "box" printed up. If you're looking for long term support, steer clear of that sort of thing...

Whatever you choose to do, good luck!

Archived