Identify Coke Vendo V-216 Model

EUvend

Hi all,

Yesterday we picked up a machine (free of charge) which seems to be a Vendo V-216 Coke edition. All of the service papers state V-216 but when looking it up I don't get any information about it nor pictures.

At first the front of the machine did not work, the LCD buttons and coin acceptor would not power on. After replacing the fuse (it had 6.3A in it, replaced it with 6.3 but later saw that the board stated 10A (???)) it started working.

The machine is from 1995/1996ish, Cashflow 690 coin mech which is malfunctioning. Does anyone know if this machine runs MDB / Can be put on MDB? 

Any help is appreciated, it is my 2nd machine within a period of a month. If it works, looking to create a custom button panel for it, give it a new spray of paint and hook up a Nayax.

57437812560__9C1746EF-BAC9-4610-A6A3-58CC3380F958.JPG

4 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

Does it have a small 6 pin connector on the coin mech?  That would be MDB.

The coin mech has an MDB connection but that is not connected. It states EM VMC so I am not sure about the machine.

Is it possible to hook up cashless to the Coin mech?

Currently, the machine is not connected to the coin mech (red light) and when filled up all of the out of stock lights keep burning..

1 hour ago, savend said:

Interesting that under the display for the orange & green light is in Dutch. I wonder if it was shipped here or if parts were bought that aren’t comparable with that pets we have here. 

I am located in the Netherlands, which is why it is in Dutch ;-)!

Now that I think about it I don't believe that MDB is a protocol used in Europe.  The only EU protocol I remember was called Executive, but that was before the advent of MDB.  What harness is connected to your machine now?

12 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Now that I think about it I don't believe that MDB is a protocol used in Europe.  The only EU protocol I remember was called Executive, but that was before the advent of MDB.  What harness is connected to your machine now?

I have contacted Vendo and in fact we do have MDB over here. He told me that the machine is electromechanically, before MDB and the whole machine is regulated by the coin mech, the LCD is hooked to the coin mech and the prices are set on the coin mech as well. I think I can hook up cashless to the system but I have to replace it first.

Unfortunately, Vendo told me they had no digital documentation for this machine.

Also, all of the out of stock indicators are burning  whilst I filled some of them up. Is this also linked to the coin mech?

Anyone familiar with the CashFlow from Mars? I am looking to purchase a newer model.

Thanks

If the machine is only a single price machine, pricing is done through the coin mech and the credit display is connected only to the coin mech then it can not be MDB and you can't connect a card reader to it.  You might be able to connect a modem device to report sales to you but without MDB you can't use a card reader.  At least that is how it works in the US.

Other than that, if your sold out lights remain on after you load the columns then your columns are either: 1. Not adjusted properly for the depth of the products so that the front one presses the sold out paddle down, or 2. Your sold out switch is activated some other way other than a sold out paddle and it isn't satisfied.  

I think you need to find a vending repair man to look at it.

4 hours ago, EUvend said:

Anyone familiar with the CashFlow from Mars?

Yes and no.

The Mars690 is a common mech here in Australia, but I have only seen it in it's MDB or MDB/Executive dual harness forms. I believe it is available in single price and 4 price variants as well. It should tell you what variant it is on the display when first powered up.

Post a picture of the mech harness that actually plugs into the machine, and I might be able to tell you if it can be used for bill acceptor/cc reader connection. (I use exec/mdb dual harness mechs in several machines)

On 3/18/2019 at 3:38 PM, falls said:

Yes and no.

The Mars690 is a common mech here in Australia, but I have only seen it in it's MDB or MDB/Executive dual harness forms. I believe it is available in single price and 4 price variants as well. It should tell you what variant it is on the display when first powered up.

Post a picture of the mech harness that actually plugs into the machine, and I might be able to tell you if it can be used for bill acceptor/cc reader connection. (I use exec/mdb dual harness mechs in several machines)

The coin mech has an mdb cable attached to it, hereby a picture.

IMG_8817.jpg

2 hours ago, AZVendor said:

I don't see an MDB cable there.  That circuit board provides 4 prices across all your selections, but I do not even see an MDB connection on the board.

There is an MDB connector linked to the coin acceptor, attached an image of it as well

IMG_8819.jpg

43 minutes ago, EUvend said:

There is an MDB connector linked to the coin acceptor, attached an image of it as well

IMG_8819.jpg

That looks like an MDB connection coming from the coin mech but is there a female MDB connection coming from the board?  It's possible that the seller just put that in there even though it wasn't compatible with the machine.  It's also possible that the seller took the harness out.

From your previous picture showing the control board, it's about impossible to determine if there's an MDB connection coming from the board unless someone knows the board or if someone has a diagram for the board.  The rainbow colored one appears to be for the LED display.  The connection above it looks like it's labeled as the selection switches.  Above that I think says Coinage (for the coin mechanism) but not 100% sure.  On the right side of the board it appears to be the power harness on top right, sold-out switches below that, and motor harness on bottom.  If that's the case, then it would seem as though your machine would use a logic coin mech (I guess?!??!) and you set prices on the board... and then the bill acceptor (if there is one) connects to the coin mechanism somehow.  Coinco made a coin mechanism that had at least 2 cords coming out of it.  One connected to the coin mech harness coming from the board and the other one connected directly to a bill acceptor.  I'm not sure if any other parts were needed to make that work though as I never had to install one... I purchased a few that were like that and I eventually scrapped most of them.

I am leaning heavily toward the idea that the seller just put a random coin mech in there even though it won't connect to that machine.

Edit:  It looks like that coin mechanism has multiple connections coming out of it so I am guessing it can be used as an MDB mech or non-MDB mech.  It's all over my head at this point.  The connections on that board look like they came from a pretty old machine though.

It's obvious that the MDB connector is there on the coin mech but your board doesn't have a connector for it and you must have the other Executive harness plugged into the machine.

On 3/17/2019 at 10:45 PM, AZVendor said:

MDB is the standard in EU also, executive/CCtalk are also used by some small machine builders, but all the major brands use MDB.

On 3/16/2019 at 12:50 AM, EUvend said:

The machine is from 1995/1996ish, Cashflow 690 coin mech which is malfunctioning. Does anyone know if this machine runs MDB / Can be put on MDB? 

The machine itselfs is not MDB capable unless you swap out all the wiring and install a BB01 mainboard with a new eprom with V5.18 or later eprom (will not work with the standard 4-45).

You can however install a cashless system throug the 690 coinmech, that requieres adding a cable to the coinmech wich allows the coinmech itself to work as the "MDB hub". Contact your national distrubitur for MEI and they can probably give you a price.

22 minutes ago, droopi said:

MDB is the standard in EU also, executive/CCtalk are also used by some small machine builders, but all the major brands use MDB.

The machine itselfs is not MDB capable unless you swap out all the wiring and install a BB01 mainboard with a new eprom with V5.18 or later eprom (will not work with the standard 4-45).

You can however install a cashless system throug the 690 coinmech, that requieres adding a cable to the coinmech wich allows the coinmech itself to work as the "MDB hub". Contact your national distrubitur for MEI and they can probably give you a price.

Thanks for your message.

How much effort / cost would it be to swap out the mainboard as I cannot find a BB01. Also, about the coinmech, it is currently malfunctioning. I am looking to get it enabled, but it states that it is disabled by the electromechanical VMC, what could I do to solve this issue?

To all, the machine is electromechanically regulated by the coin mech, the prices are set on the coin mech which is why I was thinking about that.

On 3/20/2019 at 9:17 AM, EUvend said:

Thanks for your message.

How much effort / cost would it be to swap out the mainboard as I cannot find a BB01. Also, about the coinmech, it is currently malfunctioning. I am looking to get it enabled, but it states that it is disabled by the electromechanical VMC, what could I do to solve this issue?

To all, the machine is electromechanically regulated by the coin mech, the prices are set on the coin mech which is why I was thinking about that.

I am very dumb, and I'm glad I am.

I managed to fix the machine by loading it up to the level the out of stock measure (thingy?) got disabled and the mech started working.. pfew!

One last issue I am currently having is the coin mech cassette, it is for our old currency and I am spending over 2 hours now figuring out where to get a euro cassette or a new coin mech for an electro powered machine..

@droopi, any idea?

Kind regards,

EUvend

On 3/21/2019 at 8:09 PM, EUvend said:

One last issue I am currently having is the coin mech cassette, it is for our old currency and I am spending over 2 hours now figuring out where to get a euro cassette or a new coin mech for an electro powered machine..

@droopi, any idea?

Any executive mech will work. For a new cassette contact the dealer for MEI, or just ask a local vendor. Any vendor with multiple machines will have some old mechs laying around, you can use a cassette from a 550/560 or a 690.

On 3/20/2019 at 9:17 AM, EUvend said:

How much effort / cost would it be to swap out the mainboard as I cannot find a BB01.

Not just the mainboard as I said. Also all the wiring, probably also the power supply. Unless you want to spend a fortune buying parts from sandenvendo for this outdated machine, the other option is to get a hold of a donor machine and swap parts.

Archived