Right changer

I need to make sure I am using  the right changer on a Snackshop 103. The machine has a harness that lets me use a 110V model 2511 validator on it. When the first 103's came out they listed 2 types of MAKA 24v changers but later on with the new wiring harness let you use the 110'V validato r. 

It is missing the changer. The label by the changer says to use a mars trc 6010 or a 9302L unit. These are 24v changers. I called VE and after 20 minutes they kindly came to the conclusion  that either one of those changers will work ln conjunction with a 110 V validator. validator So what do you think.?

image.png

Almost seems like an AP 110 that was designed to use a 24v mech.  An AP 111-113 should work with a 110v or 24v validator as long as you use the right harness.  I have actually never heard of a 103.

I think you are describing an old USI snack machine but I also don't know what typo created the 103 model number.  USI uses only 24V coin mechs in their snacks and they must be, as the label in your machine states, a 12 pin 24V coin mech.  That would be a Mars TRC6010 or a Coinco 9302L.  Regardless of the coin mechs required in USI machines, almost all of them could, with the correct harnesses, use either a 110V or 24V bill validator.  

I still think you should change your screen name as it does not describe you and your non-ability to know what you are doing with vending machines.  You further confuse your post by interchangeably use the term 'changer' to describe a bill validator and a coin mech.  

The 103 was the original replacement for the 6/7000 model of AP machines but it wasn't well received by operators so it was quickly redesigned to the 110 series. There were less than 500 103's manufactured.

It was wired for a 12 pin 24V changer such as a coinco 9302L or a Mars 6010.

Plans were to add a separate power board for 115V mech and validator option but I don't recall if it was ever completed on the 103.

If he has a 110v harness for a Mars validator then is sounds like they may have put the power board into it after all.  That or someone cobbled it by tapping 110v in the machine.

It's quite clear that this operating company still has a lot of old machines out on the street.  To that I commend them, truly, as I am all Old School.  But the times, they are a changin'.  Time to raise the vend prices to realistic levels so they can afford new machines in their best accounts, if they haven't done so.  Maybe it's also time to create a vending musuem as well, which I have always wished I had done.  All of the old machines represent such a long journey for the vending industry that many of us have witnessed.  Of course then at the end of the museum there must be a micro market to show what is now killing the vending industry.  That and a wanted poster for the board of directors of Crane Companies for their decimation of the manufacturing companies.

I went with the 9302 24V coinmech and it now takes coins and vends. It returns change. Looks like  that issue is solved.

The USA 15 validator on this accepts $1.00 bills and it vends and returns change. I tried installing a 2511 110V validator. it takes a bill . stacks it and  shows a  $1.00 credit . Then you go to vend a product and it steals the bill. I thought it could be a bad validator. I installed another one but it does the same thing. I am pretty sure has something to with settings on side of validator. The dip switches on one of them where all off and the dip switches on the  second  ones settings where 1,2,4 and 7 ON  then 3,5,6 and 8 off.   I think I may need 8 on and 7 off? I will figure it out.  Thanks for every ones help.

19 hours ago, Repairman said:

I went with the 9302 24V coinmech and it now takes coins and vends. It returns change. Looks like  that issue is solved.

The USA 15 validator on this accepts $1.00 bills and it vends and returns change. I tried installing a 2511 110V validator. it takes a bill . stacks it and  shows a  $1.00 credit . Then you go to vend a product and it steals the bill. I thought it could be a bad validator. I installed another one but it does the same thing. I am pretty sure has something to with settings on side of validator. The dip switches on one of them where all off and the dip switches on the  second  ones settings where 1,2,4 and 7 ON  then 3,5,6 and 8 off.   I think I may need 8 on and 7 off? I will figure it out.  Thanks for every ones help.

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 6.49.57 PM.png

Archived