Weird issue with DN501

So I had a flashing decimal light, and when I opened the door and pushed the mode button the readout said:  SS-5 SS-6 SS-7 SS-8 ... repeating.  Pressing the door close switch briefly got me back to a solid decimal light, but then I got the 'error' code again.  All motors were in the correct positions and I was able to test vend each selection with motor test.  But again, flashing decimal and then SS-5 thru 8 repeating.  I disconnected and re-connected power, and then only buttons 1-4 had any display, 5-8 had no visible response.  So I tried to purchase selection 1, and a can from column 5 dropped.  Tried again to purchase selection 1, and a can from column 6 dispensed.  3 times in a row that happened, first a can from column 5, then column 6 when purchasing selection #1.  A couple of other odd things along the way, finally I disconnected and re-connected again, and things were suddenly normal and that's how I left the machine.

Control board maybe going bad?  Bad connection somewhere?  Any other thoughts?  TIA

Thanks.  Um, I don't think each switch is connected to the board, rather they all come together in a harness and That is connected to the board, is that correct?  But I'm wondering if the first 4 are somehow separated from the last 4, and that's why I had no display on selections 5-8 but did on 1-4.  And I'm still at a loss why I had that cross-vending problem.  A stuck switch wouldn't have consistently caused column 5, then column 6 etc. to vend when testing column #1.

I appreciate your input.

Ths usual failure of a switch membrane is that at some position the numbers all advance one column.  This then consistently gives you the next column item for what you are pressing. The description of how yours was vending though is a space to sales problem.  If this comes and goes then you have a bad logic board.  If this is in a Coke machine it sounds like STS is flipping back and forth between preset STS options that are preprogrammed in Coke boards.

Archived