Help please

I have a DN 501. It doesn’t have the membrane behind the buttons, it has the plugs that go behind the buttons. Anyway, I have a column that is jammed. (SS-7) I have tried multiple motors for that column and it still is not working. So I took the label off that button and left it out of order. But now I have to put in monster energy and have to change the price of another column. Since the one column has a problem, when I hit the service button to change the price, the display reads “sold out” then it says “HD”. But when I press the two tops buttons it is stuck on “HD” and won’t change. Therefore I can’t change the price on any columns. Please help. Thank you. 

Disabling a motor won't prevent access to the programming.  If button 1 and 2 show prices correctly and you can buy them then the switches are working fine.  Since HD is what you see simply by pressing mode button but you can't go further then you have a door switch problem.  That would also prevent you from erasing errors or testimg columns, etc so your motors are probably good.  If the door switch won't go into the service mode when you open the door then it's stuck or damaged.  Pull the switch plunger out and see if you can go into the svc mode.  If not make sure the two wires are intact and follow them to the logic board.  Something is amiss in that circuit.

It sounds like your number 2 button is nit working. When you press the 1 button at the HD  message, does it display your meter?  If so , pressing button 2 should give you the cash meter. If it does not then button 2 is faultya

1 hour ago, AZVendor said:

Disabling a motor won't prevent access to the programming.  If button 1 and 2 show prices correctly and you can buy them then the switches are working fine.  Since HD is what you see simply by pressing mode button but you can't go further then you have a door switch problem.  That would also prevent you from erasing errors or testimg columns, etc so your motors are probably good.  If the door switch won't go into the service mode when you open the door then it's stuck or damaged.  Pull the switch plunger out and see if you can go into the svc mode.  If not make sure the two wires are intact and follow them to the logic board.  Something is amiss in that circuit.

Thank you. I will check it.

• 1 month later...

Check the switch wiring diagram on the door and make sure your switch is wired properly.  Do all the select switches work except #7?  If so and you can't get past HD then it might be a bad board, but it might also be a slow reacting switch on selection 1 or 2.  Try another switch on those positions.