New Member Question

LVS

Hello everyone,

I have followed and read all of the forum since getting into full line vending a year ago.  It has been extremely helpful both in making location decisions, machine repairs, and operation of my business. Just joined and this is my first post.

We have grown from 3 machines located to 32 machines placed in our year.  I have questions, but the one topic I haven't seen discussed is cardboard.  How do you get rid of your cardboard?  Dumpster seems too expensive, burning can take forever, and I think our cardboard recycler closed.  Any other suggestions would be very helpful.

A dumpster at your supplier or at some accounts. If you have any cardboard recyclers they will often loan you a dumpster just for cardboard and may pay you for what they pick up.

Thanks AZ.  I will contact recyclers in my area and see if they can pick up or have some other service.  Sams Club is our main supplier and I don't think they accept cardboard.  There were no chapters devoted to cardboard box disposal in the books and articles I read before starting this business. 

7 hours ago, AZVendor said:

A dumpster at your supplier or at some accounts. If you have any cardboard recyclers they will often loan you a dumpster just for cardboard and may pay you for what they pick up.

Just talk to the manager.

Found out the city recying center is closing in 2 weeks.  But checking with trash haulers on dumpsters for recycling, learned prices for that service are affordable.  Getting competitive quotes. Saves the time involved in gathering and hauling to another location.

Archived