Greenwick board in rowe 4900

Cindyb

I've got a Greenwick board in a Rowe 4900, it works fine except we are now trying to put a card reader on the machine and it isn't working right.  I've gotten it to take the card and vend o.k., but then the screen on the usat eport says no sale and the card isn't debited.  I've called USAT and they say it's an issue in the machine.  I then called Greenwick and he sent me a new eprom, this didn't fix it either.  Now I'm told the guy at Greenwick is on vacation so can't get any help there.

Any ideas?

Thanks

If this is a complete logic board upgrade, taking the old 4900 logic board out, then it might work.  You can call JR at Vendtronics in Phoenix as he sells those boards and he might know what is wrong.  One thing you have to do is plug the card reader into the logic board before the bill acceptor plugs in, then the coin mech plugs in to the acceptor harness.  This is the daisy chain way that MDB hooks up and a card reader MUST be hooked up in this order - it has to be the first in line.

Now if this is just an interface kit that plugs into the coin mech socket on the machine while it still uses the factory 4900 board then a card reader won't work.

Archived