Slow month?

livinginthe80z

I usually don't pull locs unless they're significantly lower than normal for a long time- say 6 months or so. It's a slow time for sales all across the board; only restaurants, laundromats, and auto shops are still moving well for me right now.

13 hours ago, gumball guy said:

Low quality machines are not the answer and you rarely are they priced "cheap". If the location isn't consistently generating enough revenue down the road then relocate it. Adding substandard equipment does nothing but generate out of cycle service calls, lost sales due to misvends and possible eviction from the location because of complaints. Slow sales are part of the game at times. Be smart with your service cycles, change up candy variety if necessary, continue to look for good deals on quality used equipment and don't let a few bumps in the road bring you down.

Yep. Too many worries. If I had to I would just drop some used beater oaks or something in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2019 at 9:55 AM, NYCandyMan said:

I got beavers on the loose, people are just stealing them, don't like any other brands, trying to get rid of AA and NW, anyone think about investing into a GPS TRACKER?

I'd buy one. I've got one loc that was always a solid earner until the machinery would inevitably "disappear" and no one ever had any idea what had happened to it. With a GPS tracker, I wonder if I could solve the persistent mystery of the Adams County Triangle once and for all! :lol:

ive been looking into the trackers, problem is.... they have active and non active, and gps and non gps, Bluetooth and wifi.

active: always on very good, but battery life sucks a max of 2 to 3 days if lucky

non active: only activates with a tracker, battery life is a bit better, but tracker has to be within a distance to recognize it

gps: is the best one long battery life and best reception, but too expensive, requires a sim car PER UNIT with monthly service

Bluetooth: only works with devices close to the tracker, and the app has to be installed on a nearby device for the tracker to kick in

wifi: only works within the walls, if you don't have the password for the network it might or might not pick up the signal.

so I found a decent unit made by Milwaukee, battery life is great, the unit is cheap, but reception sucks, if no one has the app, it will not kick in, with the app it kicks in, takes a bit of time, but does kick in, ive been testing them for a month now, and not the best, but ok.

if anyone finds something good and cheap we should all get in on it, it will eliminate the theft of our machines and put stupid people where they belong!

any good ideas feel free to send me a text 9one7 73one 389one

Do you somehow mark the machine with a inventory number or something to prove you own them?  I had a friend with over 2000 out and he was always losing equipment.

Unfortunately losing equipment is just part of the bulk vending business especially if you are running alot of singles. Most of the time they are smashed and destroyed within minutes of being stolen so I'm not sure a tracker would help.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2019 at 4:03 PM, Poplady1 said:

Do you somehow mark the machine with a inventory number or something to prove you own them?  I had a friend with over 2000 out and he was always losing equipment.

Friend having 2000 machines out is awesome. That would be the only job he could do.

Jerrry he was a sales man for a product sold in 3 States.  He carried his product in his car and when he toured those states he serviced the equipment.