Coin Scale Recommendations

Mehehe

I agree with both comments above..I've done both, didn't really see the point of the acucount at first, but man it's a time saver. Especially if you have more than just quarters to count. It can only count one type of coin at a time..but if separated it can also count pennies, dimes and nickles. 

If you weigh 10 pounds of coins and pay 25%, wouldn’t you just weight out 2.5 pounds and give it back? No separation of coins or fancy scales needed. I realize I might cheat myself out of a few cents depending on the amount of non quarters but doesn't saving time make up for that?

On a recent $1,400 deposit only $3.78 were pennies, nickels or dimes.

56 minutes ago, The Crippler said:

If you weigh 10 pounds of coins and pay 25%, wouldn’t you just weight out 2.5 pounds and give it back? No separation of coins or fancy scales needed. I realize I might cheat myself out of a few cents depending on the amount of non quarters but doesn't saving time make up for that?

On a recent $1,400 deposit only $3.78 were pennies, nickels or dimes.

I think it is just a personal preference. I've used coin counters and generic scales on site in the past and they work fine. The thing I really like about the Accucount is how it displays the dollar amount. I have alot of customers who don't speak English or very little and one thing they seem to understand is the display that shows them how much money I pulled from the machine. I also like the design of the hopper. Yes there are cheaper options but in my opinion it it is the easiest and quickest system I have used for commission locations.

You shouldn't have any problem getting a great scale for under 100.00 bucks. there are plenty of them on ebay used. AND Scales are good. I paid 80.00 for a used about a year ago. you can even get somethin new for under 200.00. Just make sure the weight capacity is over 30lbs that's about 500.00 in quarters is good enough most the time. If you can get a 60lb that's enough 1000.00 and may be better if you have some high volume stuff. These things are pretty common now even the cheap ones work fine. Acucount overpriced in my opinion, sure it works great though. I have an A&D HC -12KB I paid over 400 for over 20 years ago still works but I wouldn't pay that for it now.

I prefer the coin counter, most of my coins are mixed, and people usually need quarters, sometimes ill have them already rolled, or ill roll them on the spot, sure it takes a bit more time, I get to go home with cash instead of quarters, when did you lose money by coming to do a collection late? only better! I use a Brandt counter, mine is about 30 years old, had it serviced 1x, and changed the belt 1x, pennies compared to the time it saves me.