5 hours ago, CanadianVendorLady said:

Hello everyone 

After years of deliberation I have finally found a great opportunity to invest in some machines. 12 x 8 head 25c machines. Here for research :)

Are you referring to U-Turn bulk machines? They look like this:

image.png.40fdd0643a5f6db44b05cccd6e44d66b.png

Its not about the machines. Its the locations. Hard to place these anywhere good with steady business. they are worth zero unless you have a locations for them. Locations first,  machines distant second.

15 hours ago, rick98 said:

Its not about the machines. Its the locations. Hard to place these anywhere good with steady business. they are worth zero unless you have a locations for them. Locations first,  machines distant second.

I gotta disagree. It starts with quality (and attractive) equipment. That boat anchor called a Uturn that I posted the picture of is an example of bad equipment. You said it yourself "Hard to place these anywhere good". They are too big, have too many selections for most locations, horrible design that is a hassle to service and have terrible coin mechs. You need to start with quality equipment so when you get that location the machine doesn't keep failing and generating complaints. Great way to lose a location. It is also easier to secure locations with traditional looking Oak, Northwestern, Eagle or Beaver equipment because people are used to seeing those in businesses everywhere. Use quality equipment so you can secure and keep those good locations.

Thank you poplady1, I'll know who to talk to :)

Rick98, thank you. I agree it all boils down to location as some will give good profit and others not so much. I'm thinking lunch rooms mainly and have some places in town in mind. And once I get them initially placed ill just move the lowest sellers trying new places til I feel I'm maxing out on profit. 

gumballguy,

There are a few of those brands for sale here but for me I didnt see any of those working out for me. I'd rather spend a little money now and more time later, than save time later to spend the extra money. To each their own. 

Archived