Bathroom Vending

RikaKazak

I have the opportunity to buy 8 wall mounted bathroom vending machines (the kind that dispense condoms, headache medicine, etc.).  Are these worth it?  They're brand new never been used, $75 a piece....opinions/advice appreciated :D 

I have a couple of hygiene machines (tampons/pads and Midol) in bars and they don't generate much. Maybe $50.00 per year. Condoms maybe different but I know a guy that runs them in my area and his service cycle like 12 months. My concern is expiration dates as I have had Midol go out of date. I know condoms have expiration dates as well.

I'll admit I've never tried, but the prospect of making cold calls or locating trips to talk about a locations bathroom sounds like more trouble than it's worth. I'd suspect there's a reason the seller is offloading the machines as-is, and not as a completed route for a lot more money.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2019 at 7:26 PM, PerformaVending said:

I'll admit I've never tried, but the prospect of making cold calls or locating trips to talk about a locations bathroom sounds like more trouble than it's worth. I'd suspect there's a reason the seller is offloading the machines as-is, and not as a completed route for a lot more money.

It does sound like a challenge, but if you could master that market and keep your eyes on expiration dates look might be fun.

$75 is a great deal if they are in working order. Compare it to the price of new ones its practically free. I tried for a while to get locations for bathroom vending but either never could get anyone to agree to try it or they already had a large regional company doing it. I eventually talked to a guy who did it and he said that they move very very slow.