Bouncy Balls Not Dispensing From Round Gumball Head

Dylan

So I decided to do a double baffle assembly one two inch pipe then lid and then another 2 inch pipe and lid on top of that. I tried 120 times and got a ball every time. One try I got two balls. But hey that’s good for the customer! I wanna say this is fair well for now but you never know :P

Alright I’m gonna test you now. What would I do for a baffle assembly in this case where the canister slides off the rod? The current assembly would come apart each time. Currently I’m trying to glue these (with non toxic glue) but I don’t know if it will stay. 

Were you having problems with the Eagles not vending?  I have yet to have a problem unless I fill it more than 1/2 full and if I need to put more product in, I just use a Cab Back.

If you glue that to the wheel; the baffle will need to turn with the wheel which will put added pressure on the wheel teeth, which could cause it to slip.  I would not use copper pipe because it will eventually wear into the wheel... find a small diameter PVC.

Are you doing this with gumballs and BB's?  Thought you were only having problems with BB's?

• Thanks 1

So i didn’t end up using the glue. I went with something different. Also I added this baffle to gum balls just to be 120 percent sure they will work. Also I put washers down that hold the copper pipe. 

I went with wire and tape. But now that I think of it I don’t know if I can use tape because Gumballs will be touching it. Is masking tape/electrical tape okay to use? Or is their a direct food contact tape I can use?

EE7E9898-DAE0-4B0D-A54F-7E9886EE06ED.jpeg

This type of canister lifts up and if the components tested on the rod they would come off and get mixed with the product when I lifted it up. 

Edited by Dylan
Mispelling

what about making the post and baffle one assembly and allow it to just sit on top of the wheel and not spin with the wheel.  Only have one thing to put back instead of multiple parts.  Mounting anything to the wheel will probably cause a lot of problems down the road. 

-turning with the wheel could wedge product under the baffle putting pressure on the wheel

-friction on product when the wheel is turned puts more pressure on the wheel teeth causing them damage

-pieces breaking due to twisting and getting jammed under/in the wheel

-if you don't line up the rod perfectly when you put the globe back will put pressure on the long parts and possibly snap the glue joints

Here is a northwestern baffle commonly used in 2" machines; picture is upside down for some reason...

4" BAFFLE ASSY. (FOR USE WITH 1" & 2" CAP) FOR NORTHWESTERN SERIES 80

8 hours ago, Dylan said:

I went with wire and tape. But now that I think of it I don’t know if I can use tape because Gumballs will be touching it. Is masking tape/electrical tape okay to use? Or is their a direct food contact tape I can use?

EE7E9898-DAE0-4B0D-A54F-7E9886EE06ED.jpeg

I agree this may cause some problems. The tape will likely fail in a matter of time and may cause mis-vends or a jam. I don't use a baffle in my Eagles or Oak machines and have never had a problem. If you need to use a baffle for them I would just stick with your original design and when you service the machine take the lid off and pull out the baffle assembly before you take the head off the machine. If the location is so strong that you need to fill the machine to the top with balls then it should be fairly low (at or below the baffle) when you return on the next service cycle. You should be able to replace the head then put the baffle back in place by just pushing the balls out of the way as you slide it down the center post then refill the head. If you still have alot of product left when you go to service then there is no need to fill it so full. If it is too full just take a big bag (like the bag Dubble Bubble gumballs are in inside of the case), dump the balls into it, service, replace the head, put the baffle back on and dump the balls back in. It may add 30 seconds to the whole process.

Long story short. I had a metal plate/piece  screwed on to the bottom of the machine. I unscrewed it so now I can just lift the bottom of the machine to get the coins. I went with the original design. Rookie mistake but we’ve all been through it. Thanks so much for your time and effort. 

Some of the bodies dont fit on the bases too well and a coin could fit through the gap between them.  That's why the cash box plate is there for.

Whatever you end up doing, good luck.

• Thanks 1