Dixie 501E validator

Sounds like you got a 110v val in there.

If you want you can use any 110v mars with the right harness, but if it has an SII or SIID board in it I recommend converting it to MDB. Its like a 10 dollar harness (http://www.veii.com/Parts-Store/Harnesses/HARNESS-SIID-FOR-DIXIE.html)    But you would need to swap out the coin mech for any MDB mech of your choice (that isn't the Mars 4000 series) and you could then, of course, run whatever MDB validator.

Since it has a "TRC6800" it must be single price and if there is no credit display then it is single price so no MDB.  If instead you are calling a Mars coin mech a 6800 for no good reason and you have a credit display then it can and should be MDB.  In that case you need a 24 MEI validator. And by the way, the model of Apex validator you have is not MDB so you are probably looking at a single price machine which needs a 110v validator.

The coinco mag/ba 30/50 is 110v and will use a harness to connect the white plug to the coin mech if I recall properly.  You just can't use a 32/52 as those are 24v.  I strongly recommend that you stick with a mag vs. a BA if Mars is out of the question.  However, I usually prefer Mars.  The mag is overall a good validator in my opinion and can be used as an MDB validator as well.  The BA can too but I don't feel like they are very reliable.  My biggest gripe against either coinco validator is the box creates too much bulk and can be challenging to fit in certain machines.  Some royal cans and most Dixie's have a slew of wires that get in the way whereas a Mars doesn't have that problem.  Not a 2000 series anyway.

Also, it sounds like you have an infamous single price 501E that exist even though people don't believe they do.  A mag should fit in there fine since there should be no board.

Archived