Kickstart 360

I think it’s just them selling you an overpriced website and 200 telemarketing calls.

Hell, even on their site it says that if you don’t get any locations you only get a fraction of your money back. (1000 back out of 3000+ paid)

And you don’t get to reject cause their locations are just from people calling after seing your website. And you only get 200 calls regardless of results.

• Thanks 1

The following is a review that was given by a member March 30, 2018:

I've used Kickstart Locations and Kickstart 360. Kickstart Locations was actually pretty good they located most of my machines (44) and I was being pretty hard on them while they were doing it.

Kickstart 360

In short it's garbage. For 2900 dollars here's the run down.

They located no machines at all. 

They gave us 8 faulty leads.

The website they gave me is janky and fabricated at best.

They state they give you copies of the phone calls. They didn't give me 1 copy at all. 

They really pitch their online school for vending. It's got no information that can't be found anywhere else online. Nothing unique or specifically helpful at all.

Their communication is poor they only person who seems to know what he's talking about is Robert Paterson, but no one ever answers the phone at all and it takes forever for Robert specificly to call you back. He even seemed to get into a pissing match via email when asked for him to call me. It seemed as is he had some type of power struggle. Either way no one seems eager to help you and definitely not worth the money!  

I am actually quite sad to be writing this review as I had really high hopes for Kickstart 360 and would have been a regular customer if things would have gone well. I really liked their kickstart locations services it's just kickstart 360 is bogus.

• Thanks 1

Wow almost seems like you could sue them for not providing a service that you were owed. 2800 bucks and...... absolutely nothing? Idk hard to believe someone would just give away 2800 bucks without any fight at all. This review seems like we were not told everything. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Anacapa Vending said:

Almost all locators are scams. Build a business presence, marketing material and go beat the streets for best results. 

Buy out other vendors and individual locations as they pop up on Craigslist. It's a long term game.

this is good business sense . Thank you

I used them and my experience is a little different.  I found Robert Patterson to be available when needed.  The person who designed my logo and web site was very attentive and although the website is cookie cutter, I really liked the logo created.  I use it in my promotions and vehicle door signs.

Once a list of potential locations was generated, there was a delay in calls and calls are done once a week so that was frustrating.  They did  generate locations and the first one turned out to be good one that got our business started.  I think we may have gotten 4 or 5 locations after that we still have.  For us the web site did more for growing our business and the number of leads generated kept us from having to go out and locate on our own the first year.

As to the number of calls, 200 is 200 calls.  No answer, or decision maker not available  is still a call and 80% or more of the calls were that result.   There are no call backs unless you haven't used up your 200 before they go thru your list.

I did not have the time to locate myself.  If you chose to call businesses, you will get the same answer most of the time, the person you need to talk to is not available, they are happy with their current vendor, or they are not interested.  Knock on doors if you have the time and the strength of character to get rejected.

Yes, it is a lot of money but I don't know that we would be where we are in our second year if we hadn't gone the route we did.

Ok so not everyone feels like it’s a giant rip off. Sounds like that 1 location in particular has got your business off the ground pretty good. So this is what you got

1.logo design

2. Website ( cookie cutter )

3. 200 calls to businesses.

did they promise any certain amount of locations? 

I think so and if not you got some money back.  They didn't meet their goal but instead of cash back, I elected to take a certain number of additional calls.

You want to be realistic about the category of businesses you will be prospecting and don't limit yourself to just healthy or just soda.  We thought we would be doing healthy machines and by our first location had to provide drink and coffee and unhealthy snacks.

You need to find a local locator that gets locations. They have different types of fee structures. Some charge a flat fee per machine depending on head count (example: $400 per machine factory 50 - 99 employees) Some charge 2 or 3 months gross. 

I'd say charging for gross sales, while very expensive relative to your potential profits, is a better way.  Charging $400 per machine (using the example) means they don't care whether the location has 5 employees or 500 employees, and getting the locations with 5 employees is much easier to do anyway so they have every incentive to get the smaller locations.  Charging based off of sales gives them the incentive to find you better locations because they make more money.  Still, locating yourself is generally the best way.  I can find great locations easily but I just can't motivate myself to do sales.

If you are charged $400 per machine and a location wants a drink and a snack, and he finds 3 of these locations your at $2400.  If they charge 3 or 4 months gross and you average $100 per week per location, thats $3600 to $4800.  How is that better than Kickstarts fee?  I'm not promoting Kickstart, but I didn't think the locator's fees were that high and if so, yes, you are better off doing your own locating.

4 hours ago, LVS said:

If you are charged $400 per machine and a location wants a drink and a snack, and he finds 3 of these locations your at $2400.  If they charge 3 or 4 months gross and you average $100 per week per location, thats $3600 to $4800.  How is that better than Kickstarts fee?

I literally answered this before you asked lol.  Paying $800 for two machines that do $100/week is a great deal.  Paying $800 for two machines that do $20/week is not. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...