Buying bulk candy route

pipsqueakfmab

40 machines x $17.5 = $700 x 12 months = $8400 is what it will make in 1 year, it will take you 16.5 months to make the 11k back, if you are ok with that then its a good buy, and if you can set up the remaining 15 machines you could be at 

$787 monthly and that will take you 14.5 months to get back

now one more thing, I see that these are all single head machines, that $17.5/mo income may be $8.25/mo/machine which means youll be at 32 months to get you cash back, that's almost 3 years, and that would not be worth it.

call or text if you need more help

9one7 73one 389one

• Thanks 1

On 5/6/2019 at 4:13 AM, pipsqueakfmab said:

Hi, I am new bulk vending and was wondering if I could get some advise on a route for sale:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-business-industrial/kitchener-waterloo/very-good-earning-candy-vending-route-for-sale/1382857551?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Any help on identifying the type of machines would be greatly appreciated :)

Classic sales pitch for a route that is priced ridiculously high. Words like "easy" or statements like "the hardest part of the job is counting and rolling the quarters" are tip offs that this guy is fishing for a vending novice to unload these boast anchors on. $209.00 each for a bunch of biz op machines that are almost 15 years old is not a good opportunity to pursue. If you search them on this site there was a guy that bought a bunch of them in 2008 for less than 30 bucks a piece. Even back then people stated that you couldn't get a hold of the manufacturer and replacement parts for these machines were expensive so another red flag. I highly doubt this guy is averaging $17.50 per month per machine especially when he says he has "20 or so locations". If you have that small of a route I think you should know EXACTLY how many locations you have.  Realize that this guy may have some good accounts but alot of them are probably dogs. One of his big selling points is that these locations are long standing and that he is now friends with alot of his customers. That means that once he hands these accounts off to you the customers who didn't want to hurt his feelings will now tell you to pick up your machine and hit the bricks. So much for that great location that you over paid for.

I would never buy anything like this based on sales figures but if you are determined to go down this road ask for proof of his stated income from the route (bank or tax records)  but good chance he doesn't have them. I know an opportunity like this is tempting because as a new vendor you see it as a springboard to growing your business quickly but you would be far better off buying quality used equipment and placing the equipment yourself. If you have to use a locator then use fellow member Rodney at Vendinglocator4U. I could go on but I won't. I will close by saying that even if everything he stated is true the business is still way overpriced and the equipment is substandard. Good luck and welcome to the forum!

• Thanks 1

Wow...

You guys really went the extra mile, and that would be an understatement lol

Anyways I decided to settle with used uturn machines at 35$ each or 45$ for the 8 canister ones. I know they are difficult to service, but the prices were hard to ignore.

Thanks for all the input:)