Need advice on new location

A small manufacturer called me and we’ re Supposed to meet next week. They currently have a drink machine, snack machine, and a cold sandwich machine. There are 60 employees and over a mile away from a c store. They want card readers and a reward program set up. I’m not familiar with Vending cold food. And I only had one card reader that didn’t pay off so I discontinued it. Any of your thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Cashless is a must for so many areas. Most places with 60 people will warrant the cc readers and benefit you. Cold food in my opinion almost always sucks tho. 

All areas are different but here they want to much for the number of employees. They wouldn't be offered a cold food machine and they may get card readers no rewards program. 

For 60 employees, the investment in a food machine is not worth it in my opinion. For the cost of the machine and the short shelf life of the food. The lowest employee count we have with food is about 125. 

As for the card readers they make a huge difference for us. We have multiple places that we pull less than $10 cash out for a week but has well over $100 on cards. Most places are doing direct deposit now and not many people are carrying cash anymore

2 hours ago, labryan3 said:

A small manufacturer called me and we’ re Supposed to meet next week. They currently have a drink machine, snack machine, and a cold sandwich machine. There are 60 employees and over a mile away from a c store. They want card readers and a reward program set up. I’m not familiar with Vending cold food. And I only had one card reader that didn’t pay off so I discontinued it. Any of your thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Let's see:  CCreaders a cold food machine and a rewards program - you sure they don't want you to wipe their butt for them as well? Run don't walk away from this mess.

• Like 1

Over 5 years ago, while working for a part time job, I talked to a guy who heard I was also a vendor.  He told me he was interested in a better deal for the vending.  His only requirement was that he wanted his employees to be able to buy a can of soda and a candy bar for a dollar COMBINED.  I was really curious because I was at 90 cents for candy alone.  I went during second shift and there I saw a can machine (50 cents), a snack (50 cents everything except the expired pastries at $1), a bottle ($1), AND a cold food machine.  I talked to the guys on second shift, both of them.  This turd had less than 25 employees and this was a known vendor in the area who had low pricing but not THAT low lol.

But the kicker... Is that this guy STRESSED that he had no contract and could switch tomorrow for a better deal.  Unfortunately, I never landed this great account *sarcasm*.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

Over 5 years ago, while working for a part time job, I talked to a guy who heard I was also a vendor.  He told me he was interested in a better deal for the vending.  His only requirement was that he wanted his employees to be able to buy a can of soda and a candy bar for a dollar COMBINED.  I was really curious because I was at 90 cents for candy alone.  I went during second shift and there I saw a can machine (50 cents), a snack (50 cents everything except the expired pastries at $1), a bottle ($1), AND a cold food machine.  I talked to the guys on second shift, both of them.  This turd had less than 25 employees and this was a known vendor in the area who had low pricing but not THAT low lol.

But the kicker... Is that this guy STRESSED that he had no contract and could switch tomorrow for a better deal.  Unfortunately, I never landed this great account *sarcasm*.

I always find it amazing how generous people can be with somebody else's money.

• Like 1

Cold food is a headache especially with so few people. Frozen is another option even if you installed a microwave oven for them but personally I wouldn’t do cold food and frozen only depending on their hours of operation. Look at the investment versus potential payoff . 

We all want accounts but don’t let someone else dictate what you’ll spend to get that account unless the potential for a good return is there . 

For me , cold food isn’t an option with anything less than 100 employees.

From what youre describing for this location I would be fine with a drink and snack with card readers but the cold food would throw me off. We have 1 at a manufacturing plant with 110 employees and it does well but with almost half the employees I think Itd be a money hole more than anything with the initial machine investment and out of dates.